Cappucino made from 100% robusta beans from Sri Lanka

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Cappucino made from 100% robusta beans from Sri Lanka

Postby Terje » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:50 am

Not bad at all! OK, let's be clear now, this is a "cappucino" made from coffee brewed in a moka pot. But otherwise, the proportions of coffee and milk and froth are about the same.

Now, the beans were of course roasted right before brewing, as always in my home. And the beans were the ones we got from a woman in my wife's village in Sri Lanka. Small, brownish robusta beans.

I did drink this coffee straight with no milk while we were in Sri Lanka so I knew that it had potential. I use them daily in a blend I have, where they are one third of the total. Today was time for an experiment, only these beans for my morning cappucino.

As I said, not bad at all. Somewhat bitter, of course. But with all the milk that's actually what I want from the coffee, a certain bitterness. Perhaps the future blend will have two thirds of this bean...

Great kick BTW!
Different beans and a frying pan, Zassenhaus grinder and a couple of moka pots...
Terje

Postby mrcappuccino » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:25 pm

You didnt leave 1 or 2 days before using your beans after roasting ?
Machine :
La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi II

Grinder :
Black Mazzer Mini E-B
mrcappuccino

Postby zapty » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:43 pm

Raises my hair thinking about that kick...
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby Terje » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:55 am

mrcappuccino wrote:You didnt leave 1 or 2 days before using your beans after roasting ?

For a moka pot I don't think that's the way. As freshly roasted as possible will get you the best results IMO.
Different beans and a frying pan, Zassenhaus grinder and a couple of moka pots...
Terje

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:51 am

Crikey Terje - have you managed to sleep since your caffeine hit? :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Terje » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:39 pm

No problem. Not that much of a hit really Don't know how much more caffeine these beans have. Enough to feel it, that's for sure, but not enough to create any problems.
Terje

Return to Off Topic