Coffee rules in my house

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby zix » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:39 am

Raf wrote:That's like asking for the liquid in a thermometer when someone offers you a glass of champagne...

And it is most likely stupid and wrong. How many doubles does it take to fill up a Red Bull can? Three?
So there is more caffeine in a Red Bull can than in three doubles?

A Red Bull can filled up with stale Folgers, sure, that is another deal. But on the other hand, most people with any tastebuds left would prefer Red Bull to Folgers anyway.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Postby zix » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:27 am

Oh, and speaking of Red Bull and the caffeine effect, here´s a good one:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/4634638.stm
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Postby Aadje » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:05 pm

or fill a redbull can with 6 ristretto's, thinks that will give a better result, but just don't drink 20 ;)
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby Terje » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:11 pm

Joris wrote:Worst answer I ever got at the question "do you want espresso or a cappuccino" was "don't you have Red Bull ?, there's more caffeine in that than in coffee didn't you know ?", as if we only drink coffee for the caffeine....

The fourth rule on my list, about brewed coffee not being stored, it comes from a similarly horrifying question. My step son's girlfriend (she is from Denver... it'll explain what followed... ) had asked for a cappucino. When she got it she took a small, small sip and then said, obviously very surprised for some strange reason, "oh, this is strong!". I'm thinking "well, what the hell did you expect?" but I'm not saying anything. Then she decided that it was too late in the evening to drink coffee and asked if she could store it in the fridge until the next morning... at this point it was hard to keep quiet... but I was about to say what became rule number four on the list...
Different beans and a frying pan, Zassenhaus grinder and a couple of moka pots...
Terje

Postby Joris » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:24 pm

Terje wrote:Then she decided that it was too late in the evening to drink coffee and asked if she could store it in the fridge until the next morning...

Oh my gawd... wish you hadn't shared this with us... tonight I'll have nightmares about this for sure.
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby Terje » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:51 am

Joris wrote:Oh my gawd... wish you hadn't shared this with us... tonight I'll have nightmares about this for sure.

I'm sorry... it was so scary when it happened... I had to share it...
Different beans and a frying pan, Zassenhaus grinder and a couple of moka pots...
Terje

Previous

Return to Off Topic