Water Cooler size bottles

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Water Cooler size bottles

Postby bainesy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:23 pm

Hi All

I'm currently running my two-group from 5 litre bottles of water from the supermarket. It would make more sense to use the large bottles (c 20l) that are used on water coolers. Does anyone have any idea where a chap can get hold of these? (I'm thinking of a shop, not on-line, and I don't want to enter into any sort of supply contract).

Hope someone can help.

Regards
Bainesy
Iberital 1-group, Compak grinder, Gaggia Classic, Rocky, 2 x Europiccola, 2 x Zassenhaus...got...to...stop...collecting
bainesy

Postby motoman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:12 pm

Hate to tell you this but our local Bournemouth B & Q is closing down and yesterday I saw a pile of 20lt filled bottles marked down to 50p each.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby RobC » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:24 pm

Go on, plumb into into the mains water. You know it would be easier then carrying all those bottles an look nicer too!
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby bainesy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:51 am

Ah -B&Q was one idea that I thought of but haven't tried yet.

Yes, I will plumb in in due course, but I'm in a rented flat at the mo and can't mess around with plumbing, let alone making holoes in work surfaces etc. Believe me, I would like to.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Iberital 1-group, Compak grinder, Gaggia Classic, Rocky, 2 x Europiccola, 2 x Zassenhaus...got...to...stop...collecting
bainesy

Postby johara » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:54 pm

Hi,
look in the yellow pages for a local bottled water supplier - the kind that do office coolers. A bottle of water is £6/£7 with a £6/£7 deposit. If you never bring it back - you just paid £7 for the bottle. Not the cheapest - but easy. Some times they have empty bottles from other suppliers - they might give these for free. My local water supplier gave me 5! Otherwise they just dump them.

Joe
johara

Return to Off Topic