How hot is it where you are today?

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

How hot is it where you are today?

Postby simonp » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:18 am

It is 29.5 Celcius sat at my desk at work, and it is only mid day. I'm a bit worried, as we got to 29C yesterday, and it was only 24C outside, the predicted outside temp today is 29C, so given the same rise above ambient we should see 34C inside :shock: Oh for air conditioning!
I'm half expecting the green beans that have just arrived ibn the post to start roasting :lol: .
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby Raf » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:42 am

I believe we officially have a heatwave in Belgium as of today (something with five days of average temps above 23 C - nights included - and two consecutive days of temps above 30 C), but the general population have known since last sunday that it was extremely hot. Bureaucratic lag, I guess ;)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby mattmills » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:07 pm

its pretty chilly here.... winter in Kenya, can ony be about 15 C and overcast.... pretty cold!!!!
So very jealous of the European weather!!!
mattmills

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:08 pm

According to my weather applet, the temp in london (at city airport) is 28C. it's about that here in my office (due south) but thankfully I've got a water cooled fan (takes ice too!) right next to me. According to my TC which I just shoved out the window, depending on the breeze, in full sun it's reading 36-40. Thankfully, I've got a fridge not that far away (though if anything, that's responsible for most of the heat!) so at least there is plenty to drink!
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby MKSwing » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:28 pm

We have air conditionning in our office but outside, in Paris, it's 34°C. Add to this the pollution and you have a beautiful sight of the parisian way of life...
Stephane Cataldi
Coffee keeps your spirit levels high !
MKSwing

Postby Panda » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:30 pm

wow . Somerset (well Exmoor - the bit I'm in ) has only been mid -low twenties (22deg right now) . with a gentle breeze .. very pleasant..
bosch hot air gun, wooden stick, pyrex bowl
zassenhaus hand grinder (156)
bialetti moka espresso + brikka
small chipped pottery mug
Panda

Postby simonp » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:32 pm

Our office has peaked at 31-32C, not as bad as I had feared, but far too hot to be designing complex electronics :x
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby MKSwing » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:29 pm

MKSwing wrote:We have air conditionning in our office but outside, in Paris, it's 34°C. Add to this the pollution and you have a beautiful sight of the parisian way of life...

Hem, ok, so I was wrong... It looks like all ocean evaporated due to the hot sunny weather and it decided to condensate over Paris....
I never saw that, no joke, it was almost night and suddently, the ocean came down on us. Of course, it decided to do so while I was stepping out from the bus and going to the subway 20 meters away. I arrived at the subway and was as wet as if I dived with all my clothes on !
There was so much rain pouring and wind that I had troubles to see the street while walking. Amazing.
Stephane Cataldi
Coffee keeps your spirit levels high !
MKSwing

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:40 pm

nope, still 29 outside here (though it was higher a couple of hours ago), and not a drop of water... plenty of coffee and a bottle of cinsault in the fridge though ;-)
D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby jumper » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:37 pm

a bit late but at noon the temp was 38c and my car had no airconditioning
topping that i just came back from a concert that was held in a small flat roofed hal with 500 people going crazy :shock:
moccatronic eleganza 2gr
ecm botticelli 2
mazzer mini
fiorenzato t80
jumper

Postby Panda » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:53 am

hail, thunder, lightning and rain b the bucket now in Somerset .. I need a coffee!
bosch hot air gun, wooden stick, pyrex bowl
zassenhaus hand grinder (156)
bialetti moka espresso + brikka
small chipped pottery mug
Panda

Return to Off Topic