Webmail Interface

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Webmail Interface

Postby phil » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:10 pm

Sorry guys for the delay in providing the promised Web mail interface. I'm on the case, but I spent a lot of this weekend cooking, eating and drinking (now why should I apologise for that?) :lol:

OK, right, the first piece of news is that it won't be "Open Webmail". That's a bit of a shame as I know it works, but configuring it requires fiddling with the server itself and that's not allowed for shared hosting (sorry guys, I wasn't prepared to stump up for a server all to myself!). I tried to sort this out yesterday and just hit a brick wall.

However, there are plenty of other fish in this particular sea and I've found something else that looks promising. So far I haven't found anything that should prevent it working, so give me a day or so and we'll see.

BTW I want this webmail solution for myself as well - the Webmail access available to me (and only me!) from the server control panel is clunky as hell and takes forever to get into.

Watch this space.
phil
Founder Member

Now up & running

Postby phil » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:45 pm

Couldn't get the MIME stuff working right with V-Webmail. Lost the will to live.

Installed Squirrelmail. Seems to work. We have a go, Houston.

Eward - I looked into reading Hotmail from a web reader and apparently that's not possible. Probably you already knew that.

What else do we need?
phil
Founder Member

thanks!

Postby Sunnyfield » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:11 pm

It seems to work fine for me! Thank you Phil!

What else??? Don't know yet.
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Return to Off Topic