I'd like to buy you all a coffee

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

I'd like to buy you all a coffee

Postby AlanP » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:52 am

Hey guys and gals.I'm rich,take a look at this email I received today.

Dear Friend,

Firstly, not to cause you embarrassment, I am Barrister Peter Adams a Solicitor at law and the personal
attorney to late Mr. Mark Michelle a National of France, who used to be a private contractor with the
Shell Petroleum Development Company in Saudi Arabia, herein after shall be referred to as my client. On
the 21st of April 2001, he and his wife with their three children were involved in an auto crash, all
occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives.

Since then, I have made several enquiries with his country?s embassies to locate any of my clients
extended relatives: This has proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided
to contact you with this business partnership proposal. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating a
huge amount of money left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by
the Finance/Security Company where this huge deposit was lodged.

The deceased had a deposit valued presently at $21.5 million US Dollars and the Company has issued
me a notice to provide his next of kin or Beneficiary by Will or or Beneficiary by Will otherwise have the
account confiscated within the next thirty official working days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 2 Years now, I seek your consent to
present you as the next of kin / Will Beneficiary to the deceased so that the proceeds of this account
valued at $21.5 Million US dollars can be paid to you. This will be disbursed or shared in these
percentages, 60% to me and 40% to you.

I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any claim we may make. All I require
is your honest Co-operation, Confidentiality and Trust to enable us see this transaction through.

I guarantee you that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any
breach of the law. Your urgent response will be highly anticipated and appreciated

What a nice man
What are the odds that if I respond he asks for my bank account details to deposit my 60 per cent ?
Zaffiro (sold) - Cona - AeroPress
Rocky - IRoast (I ruined it) - Hottop
Now mainly use French Press
AlanP

Postby Raf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:18 am

Hmm, I wonder ;)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby AlanP » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:49 am

Just found out that a friend of mine has had exactly the same email.
I've known him for 29yrs and we never knew we were related
Beware,they're not all locked up yet,don't give your bank details to anyone
AlanP

Postby jumper » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:41 pm

damn another great scam gone bad
moccatronic eleganza 2gr
ecm botticelli 2
mazzer mini
fiorenzato t80
jumper

Postby tisri » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:45 pm

Don't get too excited, it looks like you're only going to get 40%. Can I have a cut of the proceeds for pointing that out to you? Don't forget to send cash to help cover the official bribes, it works so much faster than wire transfers.

The guy obviously doesn't like you much. When I got offered something similar it was for more like 300 million dollars.

All joking apart, these scams work along the lines of needing money to process official paperwork, filing fees, official bribes and the like. Naturally as the beneficiary you need to pay them up-front before your money is released. I hope you already knew that, but even responding to these people can cause you bother if they use your IP routing information to try and make their next scam look more legitimate.
I wish I were what I was when I wished I were what I am.
tisri

Postby midnight_storm » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:14 pm

419eater.com is worth a look if you want to see the scammer getting the run around, I was approached a few days ago with the I'm in Nigeria, and found you website can I order £6000 worth of 1 item, I told him no problem and asked the cheque be sent an address which is at the Overseas fraud office of the Met, I hope he doesn't recognise the initals and sends the cheque

Colin
midnight_storm

Postby Steve » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:14 pm

Very nice i'm liking that idea (files it away for future use) ;)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Sunnyfield » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:31 am

This topic is a scam: Where is my coffee?!?!?! ;-)
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby AlanP » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:47 pm

Sunnyfield,you found me out.
Actually, I had no intention of buying you all a coffee, especially as tisri has pointed out that I'm only getting a mere 40%.I mean to say what can you buy with that these days?
But if you insist, call round and I'll pull you a shot,can you be here in ten minutes?
It's a bad day today, the central heating boiler's just packed up,I'm wondering if I could connect up the Isomac to run the system
Alan
AlanP

Postby midnight_storm » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:29 pm

Final Note on my Nigerian, he did send the cheque to the Fraud Squad, it's a forgery printed locally, the feds will forward it back to his local police, I've told him there is a processing fee and asked for $30 in cash so if he is daft enough the Tsunami fund could be better off, better take sub Saharan Africa off my holiday possibilities and stick with Florida though

Colin
midnight_storm

Return to Off Topic