FAQ

Tell us what you think or what problems you had

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

FAQ

Postby Raf » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:49 am

I've got an idea for a few FAQs, but little time to write them:

"How to measure your espresso", where we explain, with pics and all, the steps to reach a decent espresso: you know, the "overfill, sweep, tamp, lock, shot"-procedure.

Maybe a "How to froth milk"? (Not my specialty, though).

"How to blend an espresso?" (Steve, maybe?)

Any volunteers?
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby phil » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:11 pm

Good man Neku
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:15 pm

My pleasure, Phil ;)

On another note: I wonder if it would be possible to add forum-like "reply"-function underneath every page (or nearly every page) in the site? I mean: it's easier to dash off a few lines underneath some tasting notes, or a story, or a FAQ or whatever, than to go to the forum. Both in terms of writing it, reading it and also the comments would keep "fresh" longer when they're attached to their subject matter. This would improve interactivity.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby phil » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:06 pm

Erm, isn't that something that's already there?
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:20 pm

Hmm, didn't see them underneath the forms or the article, but it could be me: not feeling too well today. I didn't mean to be bossy, Phil, sorry.

Raf
Founder Member

Postby phil » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:45 pm

Bossy? Oh no, I never thought that. Not being sarcastic - mean it. Happy for the feedback and the interest shown.

That said, the feedback bit doesn't seem to be obvious for the CM articles but it is there for the bog standard news articles. I've got the EZComments addin (hooks into Content Express) - better do the necessary before I go. No probs - had it ready anyway.

I'll post again when it's in place.
phil
Founder Member

Postby phil » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:02 pm

'kay. Done. EZComments is installed and hooked into Content Express.

I'm not too sure about having all or nothing comments - I kind of think that the intermediate navigation pages would be better without - but that's what I can do for now. Is it OK? If we have serious feedback I'll pass it back to the developer.

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but there's a dummy coffee review (empty form only) under Central American/Coffees of Mexico. The variable font size isn't intentional - if you look at the M$Word version you'll see that they're all the same - but it doesn't look too bad so I'm in no major rush to fix that.

Erm - everyone does have Word, don't they? Eeffoc?
phil
Founder Member

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:34 pm

FAQ would be nice, but really... any volunteers? :?:
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Return to Forum Feedback