Work in progress

Tell us what you think or what problems you had

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Work in progress

Postby phil » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:55 pm

Having been implicitly rebuked by Neku for the unintuitive way I've used Postnuke articles for news and Content Express articles for user-submitted articles, I've reworked the CE menu block to make it simpler and clearer.

Following that, while my mind was on Content Express, I started building the menu structure for the coffee reviews section. Please understand that this is a work in progress - I'm just trying things out at the moment, to see what they look like.

In future, if something doesn't seem to work or it isn't intuitive please take a leaf out of Sunnyfield's book and just tell me. At the end of the day I'm a deep-in-the-works techie not a UI guru - DrZeus and Hugh could probably teach me loads about UI design.

My objective is to get the first review up on the site before my holiday next week.
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:48 am

Great. I feel a bit lazy just telling you things like "mmm, not very intuitive, is it", but you know I'm worthless with software. Thx Phil!
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:30 pm

Leave some pages in my book! I only have 1,000,000 pages left! :wink:

It doesn't seem to sign me in automatically any longer... could that be the case?
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby phil » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:13 pm

Automatic sign-in has a time limit imposed on it. It doesn't seem to take account when you last visited and extend the time-out. The software's not perfect.

Any real gripes, I guess I can feed them back to the developers.
phil
Founder Member

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:16 am

It seems to work fine at the moment. Perhaps it had to do with the site integration!? Just leave it. Thanks anyway.
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:05 pm

I think the forum is working great by the way: it's active, it's lively and it's fun. Great job, Phil.

In other news: K is going to write an article about pods & espresso for a Belgian newspaper shortly (in a few weeks, around the time of the Milan Coffee Fair, which we were supposed to attend but now won't - long story, it has to do with competing newspapers and my fear of flying!), I'll translate it and put it on the site.

(And I would further like to encourage everybody to provide content for the site!)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby phil » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:08 pm

Neku wrote:In other news: K is going to write an article about pods & espresso for a Belgian newspaper shortly (in a few weeks, around the time of the Milan Coffee Fair, which we were supposed to attend but now won't - long story, it has to do with competing newspapers and my fear of flying!), I'll translate it and put it on the site.

That would be great if there are no copyright issues.
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:40 pm

No copyright issues: the article belongs to her.

Raf
Founder Member

Postby phil » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:05 pm

Great! Looking forward to it.
phil
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:29 pm

I just want to say I think the site is tops phil and really like the lay out totaly agree with Nekus comments
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:24 pm

And another change: we weren't planning on going to the coffee fair in Milan anymore, but turns out we'll be going after all. I'll be drooling over the Mazzers & La Marzoccos (and taking some pics for you guys). I'll write a report (if I find the time)!

Raf
Founder Member

Postby phil » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:43 pm

Write it! Please?

You lucky so-and-so ..... (couldn't find a smilie for chagrin)
phil
Founder Member

Return to Forum Feedback