email summary of new topics

Tell us what you think or what problems you had

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

email summary of new topics

Postby calum » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:01 am

hi all,

I wonder, is it possible to get the new forum software to send email summaries of new topics, e.g. on a daily basis?

I know it can send emails to alert of a new posting to a specific topic, but I've seen other forum software - very similar to TMC - that can send daily lists of all new topics (perhaps on a per-group basis), and I find it invaluable.

thanks much indeed, great site.
calum

RE: email summary of new topics

Postby Jaanus » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:09 pm

kinda like alt.coffee you mean?
it is quite useful, to be honest....
La Cimbali Junior D/1
Mazzer Super Jolly
other stuff
------------------------------------
Caffeine. My drug of choice...
Jaanus

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:14 pm

I'll ask Phil if it is possible with the software, and if so, whether it is viable to make it functional :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby phil » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:34 pm

Hi people

I'm going to evaluate the use of the (phpBB not PNphpBB) email digests mod on our test site over the next day or two. If I and the other admins reckon it does what you want I'll make it live shortly.

Thanks for asking for this. Intelligent interaction with the TMC community over feature requirements help make this site better - something we all appreciate.

In other news, the wiki (mentioned long, long ago as an up and coming feature) and the member-driven content generation are not too far away. My personal circumstances have prevented me from progressing these features as much as I would have liked in recent months. Also, I really didn't want to dump everything on my two valued volunteer helpers.

My aforementioned personal circumstances are about to change (at last! :D) and so I need to get things like this sorted - so hopefully you can expect to see the promised extra TMC2 features starting to appear over the next few weeks (well, as soon as I finish debugging Xinha anyway :roll:).

Thaks to everyone for helping to make TMC a community, not just another web site :D :D
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:12 pm

....and a big thanks to Phil for all the hard work that he does in the background to keep us up and running and that rarely gets a mention.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby calum » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:26 pm

hi Phil,

firstly, thanks much for a detailed reply; that's great.

however, I can't seem to see anything relating to this on the forum pages, nor in my profile.

did it get enabled?

thanks again for the help :)
Dualit/Solus 166
Bialetti moka - the basic ones
Cona stove-top vacuum pot - wonderful! :)
calum

Postby calum » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:53 pm

Dualit/Solus 166
Bialetti moka - the basic ones
Cona stove-top vacuum pot - wonderful! :)
calum

Return to Forum Feedback