Registration

Tell us what you think or what problems you had

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Registration

Postby phil » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:58 pm

Following email conversations with Eward yesterday, I have decided to leave the forum open to anyone to read, but posting still requires registration. I have set registration to require Administrator approval. That way if anybody tries to get in we'll know who they are and agree to accept them as members before they can participate.

The forum is still unadvertised and inaccessible except by entering a direct URL. I haven't put a link on the home page.

Do we all think that this is the way to go?
Last edited by phil on Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:00 am

sounds good
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Current situation

Postby phil » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:46 pm

OK, things are set this way still but after yesterday's hacker I'm a tiny bit nervous. I guess it doesn't matter though - we don't say anything that could be construed as being libellous (I think) and since the group is private IMO someone would have a hard time proving libel anyway methinks. But then I'm no lawyer.
phil
Founder Member

F Y I

Postby phil » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:27 pm

Just as an f y i, try typing "toomuchcoffee" into Google.

There we are, 3rd entry down (although it's only the home page, which I've deliberately left without any page links).

So much for anonymity!
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:33 pm

a search on "too much coffee" (with spaces) doesn't give any results close to us, so we're safe on that side ;)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:11 pm

Its group thing if we choose to be an open forum and ill go with the flow, but if we do stay an open group me thinks it may be better for me to change my username. Might stop any potential problems. can i do this at this stage phil? Sorry to be a pain :twisted:

When i set up the name i thought it was going to be invitation only. Sorry if its loads of work.

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

It is...

Postby phil » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:10 pm

It is invitation only. No question. The thing is, anyone can read it unless I do a password lock-down or some serious forum configuration stuff. We talked this through a while back and we ended up where we are.

I kind of like having the forum readable, as I've used that capability today to show John our forum and attract his interest in joining us.

Steve, I'll look into changing your username and let you know what it entails. That way if you want to do it we'll know what's involved.
phil
Founder Member

Return to Forum Feedback