The coffee Review

Tell us what you think or what problems you had

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

The coffee Review

Postby Steve » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:47 pm

I think I'm being a bit dumb but I cant get into the cupping form or the bean review :(

I just get the picture of the beans and cant get into the articals :(

Help cos I really want to look at these things
Steve
Founder Member

Postby HughF » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:57 pm

"Don't follow me - I'm lost too!"

Sorry I can't help,

Hugh (Baffled of Hampshire)
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby phil » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:46 pm

Cupping form - goto Downloads/Forms/Example Roasting Forms/Cupping Form. Just follow the menu down from "Downloads" in the main(left) menu block. Same place as you got the CRDB if you went there.

Article : Coffee Reviews (right block) / South American /Coffees of Colombia/La Manuela Supremo

These aren't urls, they're just menu levels as you go down the menu structure in each case.

Hopefully you can get there. Myself, I can't tell how well it all works as everything seems fine to me but it would, I'm the site admin.

Let me know if this helps and what it is you find not intuitive.

Phil.
phil
Founder Member

Postby phil » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:01 am

Steve if you're really lost mail me or phone me. It's obvious to me 'cos I put it together, but if it's not obvious to other folk then that's not good. :(
phil
Founder Member

Postby HughF » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:37 am

Got it now, thanks. For me, the snag is the second to last page (Coffees of Colombia), could you consider making this bit more obvious :

Sub-content(s):
La Manuela Supremo

as the page is dominated by the comments input textarea and it's easy to miss that crucial La Manuela hyperlink.

Nice meeting you yesterday.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby phil » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:09 pm

OK I'll see what I can do. That subcontents bit is actually generated by Content Express, but there has to be a way to bring it out more - perhaps by attention to layout.

Good to meet you too.

Cheers

Phil
phil
Founder Member

Postby phil » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:09 pm

Oh and yes, the EZComments box is a bit obtrusive isn't it? Dunno if I can do anything about that short of taking the facility out again, at least in the short term.
phil
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:55 pm

Got into the review no problem now. It is a little tucked away but now I know I'll be fine

Cheers
Steve
Founder Member

Return to Forum Feedback