York!

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

York!

Postby dr.chris » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:49 pm

it just so happened that we found ourselves in York today en route homewards after a few days in the fresh air

Following on from suggestions on this forum and from looking at the Independent's 50 best coffee shops we decided we had to try both Spring Espresso and the Attic at Harlequins.

I loved everything about spring espresso except perhaps the coffee itself. They were using a square mile blend today that was too bitter in my espresso for my tastes, but its not the sort of thing I would hold against them. Its just a great little place and the sandwich I had was to die for, and the wife's cap looked fantastic.

I'd say much the same about the attic. I believe they were using a hasbeen blend that I liked more and its a great spot. Again very small. Had a good brownie there but didnt see what the other food was like

Nice to see other options (chemex and aeropress) available in both places, and just to see places which care about what they are doing.

Its interesting that there are other local coffee shops pushing artisan coffee now. I have no idea how good they are but it would seem there are lots of good excuses to go back that way..
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

RE: York!

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Both sound lovely Chris. We had a bag of the then Harlequin Blend a year or two crack when Steve briefly offered it for general sale. I remember that we enjoyed it. I would think it lovely to try the coffee in situ and indeed also the other artisan places in a York. Glad you had fun :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Places to drink coffee