Campbell & Syme - Finchley

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Campbell & Syme - Finchley

Postby jameso » Fri May 02, 2014 9:20 pm

I've been absent from this forum for waaaay too long.

But I hadn't ever left.

A friend has just been talking about Campbell & Syme near East Finchley tube station. They've just opened (Friday and Saturday mornings only), and he tells me they have a good range of SO espresso and clearly know and love what they're doing.

A quick look at their website tells me that they're roasters first and foremost, and their website actually says their shop is closed to focus on the roasting site. So it really must be just opened.

Next time I'm up that way,...

In the meantime - anyone know anything about them? Is Joe active on TMC even?
HotTop
Iberital MC2, modded Dualit grinder, Zassenhaus
Gaggia Classic + PID, 4 moka pots, 5 press pots, 1 Aeropress - and a Kalita Uno!

My other hobbies:

Writing free fractal generation software
jameso

Postby GreenBean » Sun May 04, 2014 9:07 am

Hi James, I can not help with information on Campbell and Syme but it is good to see you around here :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby jameso » Sun May 04, 2014 11:33 am

Ah - thanks for the welcome back! It's definitely time I joined in a bit more again! :D
HotTop
Iberital MC2, modded Dualit grinder, Zassenhaus
Gaggia Classic + PID, 4 moka pots, 5 press pots, 1 Aeropress - and a Kalita Uno!

My other hobbies:

Writing free fractal generation software
jameso

Re: Campbell & Syme - Finchley

Postby dwalsh1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:42 pm

They also supply Ocean Bells in Watford, Herts. Joe the owner/Roaster is a nice guy as well. Would recommend :)
faema E61/mazzer major, elektra nino.
dwalsh1

Re: Campbell & Syme - Finchley

Postby bruceb » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:02 am

Sounds like an opportunity to do some tasting/testing and reporting back to us here! :D
Welcome back to all returning members. In spite of the small number of posts here we have a lot of new members that are still too shy to post. Let's help them out by sharing some of our own experiences.
I don't have many opportunities to try out new coffee places here, but one of our local restaurants (Da Franco in Alsfeld, Hesse, Germany) does serve a very nice espresso from beans he has brought up from a small roaster in Italy. We are way out in the provinces here so, although it is possible to get a pretty good meal it is unusual to be able to follow it with a good cup of coffee. There is an excellent small roaster with a nice café in Fulda that I have reported on in the past. I think I'll go there and perhaps do a video and talk with the owner a bit, then report on it here. They have a 5 kg Probat roaster and get some excellent beans.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Places to drink coffee