CNN Coffee Cities

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

CNN Coffee Cities

Postby bruceb » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:06 pm

CNN has an article about the "Eight of the World's Great Coffee Cities" here. My village was not on the list. Their mistake.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Re: CNN Coffee Cities

Postby GreenBean » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:01 pm

bruceb wrote:... My village was not on the list. Their mistake.

I can not understand how they missed it. :wink:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Re: CNN Coffee Cities

Postby bruceb » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:12 pm

GreenBean wrote:
bruceb wrote:... My village was not on the list. Their mistake.

I can not understand how they missed it. :wink:

Probably because I don't own a pod machine. :roll:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: Re: CNN Coffee Cities

Postby motoman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:29 am

Not to worry Bruce, one day electricity will finally reach your little hamlet. After sunset you will have light, heat and energy. Put away that wood fired percolator, that pestle and mortar grinder and charcoal roaster. Welcome to the 20th century.

The 21st is too much too soon.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Re: RE: Re: CNN Coffee Cities

Postby bruceb » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:11 am

motoman wrote:Not to worry Bruce, one day electricity will finally reach your little hamlet. After sunset you will have light, heat and energy. Put away that wood fired percolator, that pestle and mortar grinder and charcoal roaster. Welcome to the 20th century.

The 21st is too much too soon.

Thanks Pete! Unfortunately, it required "them" to put up 4 incredibly ugly, stupid and basically useless 200 meter tall wind turbines to do the job. It's pleasant to use the electric grinder thing, but of course, only on those few days we have enough wind to power it. I'm keeping the perc for the other days.

bruceb

Re: RE: Re: CNN Coffee Cities

Postby GreenBean » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:36 pm

bruceb wrote:...Thanks Pete! Unfortunately, it required "them" to put up 4 incredibly ugly, stupid and basically useless 200 meter tall wind turbines to do the job. It's pleasant to use the electric grinder thing, but of course, only on those few days we have enough wind to power it. I'm keeping the perc for the other days.

Hey, don't knock wind turbines. All those lovely subsidies. I'm a big fan, big, big fan. :) It would not be overstating the matter to say they blow me away. :D

And there are solutions for the days when the wind does not blow:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Return to Places to drink coffee