Bath Colonna and Small's

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Bath Colonna and Small's

Postby fluffykiwi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:02 am

Found this mind blowing espresso bar only last month. Unfortunately work means I cannot live there, but hopefully visiting espresso-heads can find and enjoy the top quality black!

I personally like the quiet chilled-out ambiance, but really the coffee experience is amazing - I dont tour espresso bars though so have few top-quality establishments to compare it too.

They run 3 espresso blends/single origin at a time - usually from some of our favourite roasters - has bean, quare mile etc.

The resident barista it is extremely nice and loves talking about coffee. Oh and pretty humble too, if I hadn't looked up the bar's name here to avoid double posting I would never have known Maxwell placed 4th in the 2011 UK Barista championship, or first in a latte art comp also in 2011!

I sound like his mother so just to reassure you I have no vested interest in the bar, nor have any friend or family ties to owners etc - I just think it is a great spot and far better than the overcrowded shops you see on Bath high street.

Check it out here:
http://colonnaandsmalls.co.uk/
fluffykiwi

RE: Bath Colonna and Small

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Have heard only good things about the place. I think they were featured on a news item about decent coffee on telly a while back too :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby guy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Yes, I can vouch that C&Ss is an excellent cafe - my regular haunt since I discovered it two years ago - and as of today Maxwell is UKBC champion! Much deserved. If you're ever in or near Bath it is well worth a visit.

Guy.
guy

Return to Places to drink coffee