Liverpool - The Italian Club

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Liverpool - The Italian Club

Postby sicinius » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Long established Italian family in charge serving the best coffee in Liverpool and very good food too. On Bold Street, 200 yards from the top.

The have two establishments. One just does fish dishes and is the more expensive.
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

RE: Liverpool - The Italian Club

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:12 am

I thought for a second the thread was about Alberto Aquilani returning to LFC! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Cool, looks like a really nice place. Next time I head into Liverpool I'll be sure to give it a go... I also really want to go to Bold Street Coffee, quite a new place doing interesting things and serving Hasbean.
Chris

Postby ChrisD » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:16 pm

I hail from near Liverpool and my family still lives up there; my brother tells me that Bold Street Coffee is v.impressive. Looking forward to visiting when I'm next back t'up North.
ChrisD

Postby sicinius » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Me, I like Alberto.

Bold Street Coffee is not far, natch, but doesn't have the tempting Italian delicacies. I went in there early doors last time and I don't think my coffee was made by one of their regular baristas as it was neither flat nor white. But they look the part and I'm sure they know what they're about.
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

Return to Places to drink coffee