There is some good coffee to be had in New York city

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

There is some good coffee to be had in New York city

Postby martuney » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi, I'm new here, real nice forum, I'm very happy to be here!

In amidst all the really bad and mediocre coffee that abounds, from a Starbucks everywhere you go, to the endless Duncan Doughnuts (ugh!) are some really great places, with amazing fresh roasted coffee, and knowledgeable, and competent barristas! You just have to finf them, (they're one in a thousand!)
This place, as soon as you opened the door, you knew you were in the right place! Ther smell of fresh roasted coffee, and the sound of whooshing swirling foam! And not served in a cardboard container (unless requested, and even managed a little latte art in my coffee to go!)
Code: Select all
http://www.lacolombe.com/

What a pleasant break from the seemingly endless parade of commercial Superautomatico machines that pass off as espresso shops around town! I'm looking forward to finding more excellent places (I'm going to search a new place out every Wednesday this summer (when I drive downtown to Manhattan to pick up my wife!) I'll be sure to keep you informed!
martuney

RE: There is some good coffee to be had in New York city

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:29 pm

Welcome to TMC martuney :D

We look forward to hearing of your Wednesday exploits throughout the summer.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Places to drink coffee