Store Street Espresso

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Store Street Espresso

Postby colwich » Thu May 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi all, I'm in the process of looking for barista jobs in London so have been scouring londoncoffeejobs.co.uk. I've been on the lookout for cafes that are supplied by Square Mile and Store Street Espresso is one that has come up. I was just wondering if anyone has been there and how well they rate it. Basically, I'd like to work somewhere that takes pride in its coffee, delivers a top quality product and will push its baristas to a high standard as I don't want to take a backwards step.

If anyone has any suggestions about other reputable cafes that would also be great! Thanks! :)
colwich

RE: Store Street Espresso

Postby icke » Fri May 27, 2011 7:27 am

tapped & packed uses square mile amongst others (hasbean, union etc).

they also have a lm strada!!!

i have had absolutely great espresso there and friends have been impressed by how filtered coffee can taste. one comment of a friend was: 'i didn't know that coffee can taste that great!'

the last time i was there (mid may) they seemed to be training a new barista, so they might still be hiring...?

here you can find their list of suppliers:
http://www.tappedandpacked.co.uk/suppliers.html
Black KvdW Speedster / Arrarex Caravel / Elektra Nino / Vario / Huky 500 / and a bunch of less frequently used things...
LMWDP #386
icke

Return to Places to drink coffee