Copenhagen

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Copenhagen

Postby stanleyk » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:46 pm

So, having just written a 1200 word write up of my eating and drinking in copenhagen (outside of the coffee) please allow me a slightly shorter one on the coffee I had and when my arm recovers I will try and reply to any questions, if there are any.

So, I had two days to play with either side of a meal at Noma on Saturday, I was therefore on the lookout for excellent beer and more importantly coffee, thankfully I came away having found both, quickly the beer, if you like your beer and are ever in Copenhagen, do search out Mikkeller in Vesterbo, microbrewery/bar that was excellent, amazing variety and quality was exceptional.

but, I digress, so, first off my overall thoughts on the coffee, excellent! Personally (and no disrespect to those in London) I think the milk based coffees I had were the best i have had outside of Oz and NZ, maybe it was soemthing to do with their milk, I don't know, but this is the only place I have had where the milk and foam really integrate with one another, rather than sitting as more separate entities, outside of the southern hemisphere. Now the places

Estate Coffee - Excellent small cappas (akin to a flat white I thought), with fantastic milk and good coffee flavour coming through, the valrhona brownies weren't too bad either. So good was the coffee it was a destination twice in the same day

Coffee Collective - kicked off with an espresso, pretty acidic I have to say, but I don't mind that at all, maybe the 20 each of guatemalana dn kenyan in it to offset the brazilian? With milk this really came alive and I was suitably impressed, a cool shop too, very friendly and knowledgeable staff, they helped us out with brwwewing queries, particularly when using aeropress, my new goto parameters are 16g and 2 minutes based on what i had there

Last but not least, a new coffee shop (very near Hotel Jorgensen0 is the Kent Kaffe Lab, full of toys and equipment, including syphon, v60, cold extraction, espresso, aero, chemex and a trifecta, ass I said, lots of toys! The coffees were very good, again friendly and knowledgeable staff and am really hoping this place can continue (only a month old at the time) as we were discussing the great things brewed coffee has to offer and how espresso was still dominating, hopefully they can change some peoples minds.

All in all a great weekend of eating and drinking, roll on payday though, nearly 4 pound a coffee lef tme a little light!
stanleyk

RE: Copenhagen

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Excellent and very interesting write-up Stanley, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a superb time ..... shame about the lighter wallet though! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

RE: Copenhagen

Postby Viernes » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:01 am

Hi!

Here it is my experience: http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php? ... pic&t=8721

State Coffee was really yummy. :)

For tasting beer I was in noerrebro bryghus. Excellent stuff. Best beer I've ever had. http://www.noerrebrobryghus.dk/
La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II ♦ Mypressi Twist ♦ Eva Solo ♦ Hario TCA-5
Mahlkönig K30 Vario ♦ Mahlkönig Vario
Quest M3 ♦ Gene Café
Viernes

Return to Places to drink coffee