Bold Street Coffee, Liverpool

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Bold Street Coffee, Liverpool

Postby DrTom » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:52 pm

I just got back from a wonderful weekend away visiting friends with my girlfriend. One of my friends was very excited to show me his favorite coffee place - Bold Street Coffee.

And he was very right to be excited! Bold Street Coffee is impressive. From the outside looking in and from inside looking out, it's a pleasure to be there. The music is supplied via a turntable which I liked a lot, funky soul was the order of the day on my visits. The staff were great. It was packed the second time I went over the weekend (!) and they brought our drinks to us quickly.

But the best bit is the coffee! I had an espresso and my girlfriend had a latte, both were great. I spotted they were using HasBean coffee and I wish I had caught which bean/blend they were using as it made a great espresso. I think those two drinks came to 3.60. On my first visit it was a bit too late for a coffee so I had a hot chocolate - it was rich, smooth and thick with microfoam.

I wish I'd tried their chemex/pourover prepared coffee and their aeropress prepared coffee - I don't get the opportunity usually.

I'm looking forward to my next visit and if you are in the area, you should give it a go too!

http://www.boldstreetcoffee.co.uk/
DrTom

RE: Bold Street Coffee, Liverpool

Postby Thiskey » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Thiskey

Postby DrTom » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Lovely writing and photos :) I will be back there soon!!
DrTom

Postby bruceb » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Hmmmmm, so Steve is now driving a Porsche. When he kindly picked me up at the airport a few years ago he was driving a VW New Beetle. I guess that just goes to prove that he's doing well by doing good. 8) :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:28 pm

It matches his hair better ;) :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Jules » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Just wanted to chip in on how good Bold Street Coffee is.

Popped in today for a v60 coffee and a flat white and both were very tasty. It's definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.
Jules

Return to Places to drink coffee