Le Monde (Sydney) Email Contact?

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Le Monde (Sydney) Email Contact?

Postby stanleyk » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:14 pm

I am heading to Sydney in the next few weeks and am keen to try Le Monde, it seems they have both a Clover and a breakfast degustation with a barista talking through the coffees. I am interested in both of these, particularly the latter as am keen to get our hosts into brewed coffee and think this may be just the right way in. I was hoping to email the cafe before I arrive to make a few enquiries, I wasn't sure if anyone out there knew of an email contact for the cafe?

If anyone wants to chuck in a coffee recommendation for Sydney at the same time I will be more than happy, in return, a couple of interesting articles relating to the discovery of brewed coffee in Aus

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/res ... 10j56.html

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/res ... 10hyy.html

Thanks in advance
stanleyk

RE: Le Monde (Sydney) Email Contact?

Postby AndreasM » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:52 am

Try contacting their coffee supplier http://www.fivesenses.com.au
If you're on twitter try @benbicknell
AndreasM

RE: Le Monde (Sydney) Email Contact?

Postby Jasonscheltus » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:22 am

badly written article aside.... Recommendations:

The Source, Mecca, Coffee Alchemy
Jasonscheltus

Re: RE: Le Monde (Sydney) Email Contact?

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:24 am

Jasonscheltus wrote:badly written article aside....

:lol:

Hah! Find me a decent mainstream article on coffee and I'll eat my hat!

The SQM Guerillas take on Espresso!
Last I heard, the communist revolutionaries at SQM were undergoing further training off the FARC in Columbia, and Anette was to be seen sewing a rather nice floaty summer dress out of camo cloth and jute.

Viva la Revolución! Pick your sides now, it's us against them! :roll:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

RE: Re: RE: Le Monde (Sydney) Email Contact?

Postby stanleyk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Thanks all, just got back early (6am) this morning from my trip to oz/nz etc so thought I should post my thoughts.

The main thing I thought was very evident was how much the UK has caught up with the antipodes with the espresso based drinks and how far ahead we are with others. I think that in London now you can get easily as good as I had in NZ and Sydney. I enjoyed many a good coffee but definitely remember the milk being better throughout the countries, ie good integration between foam and milk.

Viisted Allpress on ponsonby and enjoyed a good coffee there, had a chat about filter/brewed and single origin espresso, neither much of interest to them really (being a novice I couldn't go in too hard) but certainly they were more interested in their traditional approach.

Sydney there were three highlights for me, Mecca flat whites were phenomenal, great busy place but fantastic consistency. Single origin espresso at The Source (what a great cafe) was possibly best espresso I have ever had (Ehiopian, sorry can't remember more!) and finally got to try a clover coffee (at Mecca), really enjoyed it, a great tasting brew, good mouthfeel and certainly impressed with what the machine got out of the bean.

My two pence worth anyway
stanleyk

Return to Places to drink coffee