Worcester. Anywhere close?

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Worcester. Anywhere close?

Postby movingtolondon » Sat May 01, 2010 1:37 am

A town known for it's Sauce worldwide, but are there any reputable cafes?

Even prepared to travel to B'ham, Hereford, Cheltenham and Gloucs (I acknowledge the latter two have been featured on there own thread).

James Gourmet Roasters is in quite near vicinity, Ross-on-wye, but I dont think they have an attached cafe.

I ask because I am heading that way soonish.
Currently 'backpacking' in NZ, with about 10kg of coffee equipment!
movingtolondon

RE: Worcester. Anywhere close?

Postby RolandGlew » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:56 pm

I had an espresso and capp in the Boston Tea Party in Worcester when I was there recently - pretty reasonable, certainly above average.

http://www.bostonteaparty.co.uk/ourcafes.html#

If you try it, I can recommend the food too ;)
3 Cup Chemex, Hario Syphon, French Press, 5 Ibrik, Stove Top/Moka Pot, Pour Over, Hario V60, Kalita Wave, Kantans, AeroPress, Vario Grinder, Porlex hand grinder, Turkish Hand Grinder, Turkish Hand Grinder Missing Handle :P
RolandGlew

RE: Worcester. Anywhere close?

Postby dr.chris » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 am

Boston tea party have branches in Bath and Bristol that have a good reputation. Trevorh of plan cafe cardiff uses and sells the James gourmet coffee and I would say that it makes a very nice espresso, but we've talked about that elsewhere. Cardiff is probably a little too far...
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Postby Skippy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Better than average is the nicest thing i could say about the coffee in Boston tea party in worcester, the espresso and cappa i had werent great.

I did find a place called bytheways in worcester that was average for coffee but had stunning food. Ive never had a better piece of baked cheesecake before!
Cimbali Junior D/1
Skippy

Postby RolandGlew » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:57 am

Skippy wrote:Better than average is the nicest thing i could say about the coffee in Boston tea party in worcester, the espresso and cappa i had werent great.

I did find a place called bytheways in worcester that was average for coffee but had stunning food. Ive never had a better piece of baked cheesecake before!

I'll be searching out that baked cheesecake when I'm worcester way again :D

I've taken to ranking coffee shops in 3 groups - Average (Very bitter, 95% of shops), Above Average (Bland, 4% of shops) and Good (Less than 1%, and I'd travel to try them). Outside London, I'm very happy if I find an Above Average, because I can drink a coffee there if I'm in need of caffeine when out, and even this level of quality is a rarity. Good ones, I'll take a day out and trains to visit them. If you find anywhere good in the area, let us know and I'll be on the train ;)
3 Cup Chemex, Hario Syphon, French Press, 5 Ibrik, Stove Top/Moka Pot, Pour Over, Hario V60, Kalita Wave, Kantans, AeroPress, Vario Grinder, Porlex hand grinder, Turkish Hand Grinder, Turkish Hand Grinder Missing Handle :P
RolandGlew

Postby Skippy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:02 pm

The midlands is a bit of a wasteland when it comes to coffee shops, so ye, i think above average is the best we can hope for around here.
Cimbali Junior D/1
Skippy

Postby dr.chris » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Missing bean turl st. Oxford. Even if the coffee doesnt work out you still have a very pretty place to look at and one of the best bookshops you'll find anywhere just across the road.
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Return to Places to drink coffee