9 November get-together

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

9 November get-together

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:45 pm

Eeffoc, is 9 November still fine? And what are the plans exactly?

So who will and who will not come?

I will be there!

Eward
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:58 am

I'm afraid I won't.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby DrZeus » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:41 am

I would, since airefare is so cheap between Faro and London, but I haven't received my legal resident status here yet. I'm afraid if I try and reenter Portugal, they'll cuff and stuff me!
DrZeus

Postby HughF » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:43 am

I'm still in. I'm travelling up from NE Hampshire (just off J4A M3), the RAC route plan says nearly 3 hours drive. If anyone else is going from nearby, I'd be happy to cover all the petrol cost from mine to HB and back for a lift.

Could you let us know the start time, please? If there are any roads to avoid or difficulties finding Hasbean, that would be good to know also.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby phil » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:08 pm

I'm going from Swindon - our routes don't naturally converge Hugh, or I'd say let's go together.

A great shame John can't make it. How long before you get your legal resident status?

(And on another topic, did you get any greens?)
phil
Founder Member

Postby HughF » Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:35 pm

Coolandmellow from CG just asked me my whereabouts (on a roasting thermometer thread in the CG UK forum) as he is in NE Hampshire also. I'm just replying by email and nudging him to join here soon. I don't know if he will.

Of course, I couldn't possibly have an ulterior motive....! (IF that's OK with Steve, of course.)

I haven't bought any more greens lately, I have plenty of varieties for cafetiere (haven't even tried my 2lbs. of Ismaili Hirazi from SM yet) and enough for the JS 4321 espresso blend for a while yet, loads of last years Ethiopian Djimmah from Monmouth for the "2", loads of Brazil Cachoeira for the "4", enough Kenya or close substitutes for the "1" but not a lot of Aged Sulawesi (SM) (or Monsooned Malabar as fall-back) for the "3" component.

Presently drinking Tanzanian Kilimanjaro Peaberry from http://www.twolooncoffee.com for cafetiere which is fruitier and more to my taste the lighter I roast it; presently enjoying it after it goes through first crack, finishing at an indicated 465 degrees F versus first spots of oil which are seen at an indicated 485. I'll try stopping at 460 F next time, keep reducing until I like it less than the previous roast.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby phil » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:30 am

We'd been thinking about inviting him Hugh. If he's interested, what is the group view on asking him to join?

I haven't seen that thread, I'll go and take a look.
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:59 am

I'm generally for more members, as long as they behave ;).

I would like everybody to keep on the lookout for non-English members though. I'm beginning to feel a bit lonely & continental :(
Last edited by Raf on Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby HughF » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:20 pm

phil wrote:We'd been thinking about inviting him Hugh. If he's interested, what is the group view on asking him to join?

He can't make the 9th; he didn't say whether this place interested him or not.

Cheers,

Hugh
HughF

Postby phil » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:06 pm

Neku wrote:I would like everybody to keep on the lookout for non-English members though. I'm beginning to feel a bit lonely & continental
I absolutely concur (although Michel surely counts as continental too! - shame we've lost Nass).

We want to be European, not just British. Eward, what happened to your Swedish contact?
phil
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:27 pm

Directions i will send to you hugh send me your email address (should have it really). shame cooland mellow cant make it, i've had conversations with him via email in the past and would have liked to meet him too.

I think that Sunny and Phil are arriveing around 11:30 at the station, so After twelve. The place is really easy to find from road though so should be a breeze.

Really exited should be good fun.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Sunnyfield » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:14 pm

Yup, Phil will pick me up at Swindon train-station. I leave from Paddington around 8.30 or so. (Ie get out of bed at 7.00 on a Sunday!!!)

Phil, I haven't invited the Swedish guy yet, I was waiting for you to be back from holiday. I may invite him tonight.
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby HughF » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:02 pm

Is anyone interested in my bringing along on Sunday a small amount of JS 4321 espresso blend either as green or after HWP roast to first oil? I seem to remember someone expressed interest when I mentioned it here some time ago but noone bit when I mentioned it more recently in the context of Sundays visit. No cost, just let me know later (privately, if you hate the roasting!) what you make of the blend, and the roasting if applicable. If you want to try it roasted, let me know soon, thanks.

Cheers,

Hugh
HughF

Postby Raf » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:51 am

Well, here we are, 9 november. I'm sorry not to be there. Have fun, guys ;)!

Raf
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:12 pm

And please tell me someone is taking pictures!

Raf
Founder Member

Next

Return to Places to drink coffee