Exeter - Boston Tea Party

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Exeter - Boston Tea Party

Postby Kaz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:57 am

Boston Tea Party, Queen Street, Exeter. There for a breakfast latte so can only judge on that but it was one of the best ones I’ve tasted (and served with latte art - seems to be spreading). Downstairs is rather cramped so head upstairs to a great big airy room with scrubbed floorboards and high ceiling. An assortment of squashy sofas, armchairs and low tables arranged around edge with centre taken up with old scrubbed pine tables, some arranged refectory-style. Apparently there’s also free wi-fi. Great atmosphere IMHO and gets pretty busy but when I was there it was mostly people reading the paper, having business meetings or working on laptops.

Details of establishment, coffee used and machines here.
Pavoni Europiccola | Bodum drip cafetiere | Neapolitan flip pots x 3 | French press x 2 | Mocha stove top | Swiss gold filter | Zass maunal grinder | Prima popper
Kaz

RE: Exeter - Boston Tea Party

Postby bruceb » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:25 am

That sounds (and looks) superb. The website is very informative and attractive. It answers all the questions (beans, who roasts, freshness, machines, etc.) and is very inviting. Unfortunately, I'll probably never get there, but it looks like a place (or places) I'd like to visit. Thanks for sharing.''
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Hugo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Sarah & I were stuck in Exeter a few months back and gingerly went in there for a coffee.. it was such a pleasant surprise to watch the barista carefully do his thing and we ended up with really, really good coffees. Having had such bilge from their Bath shop (flat white appeared as badly extracted, scalding americano with milk & scum) it restored my faith a little.

I figure it's still down to which barista you get...
http://www.relishfoodanddrink.co.uk
Relish Food & Drink
Foundry Court
Wadebridge
Cornwall
Hugo

Postby dunkster » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:39 pm

I used to live in Exeter and its the best youll get, which admittedly is not bad. They are very hit and miss though, and not all the staff share the passion for a good brew.

Watch this space though.
dunkster

Return to Places to drink coffee