Gwilym at Present, Shoreditch, London

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Gwilym at Present, Shoreditch, London

Postby Bernie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Definately worth a call if you are in the Shoreditch area of London is Present, where Gwilym Davies (2009 World Champ Barista) is serving coffee.

I have had some wonderful coffee (both espresso and cappuccino) at Gwilym's and he's using a lever machine (unusual to see these days), which is fun to watch! :D

If you are making the journey he is at 140 Shoreditch High Street which is a 10-15 minute walk from Liverpool Street station depending upon your walking speed.
Bernie

Postby mrkyle » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 am

It's worth mentioning also that Present have some really interesting men's fashion, for those interested.
I'd have walked out of there with a pair of shoes and a cardigan at least, if I were more generously funded. As it was I just got coffee :(
mrkyle

Postby bruceb » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:46 am

mrkyle wrote:As it was I just got coffee :(

Sounds pretty good to me! :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby dsc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi guys,

is this also opened only on Sundays or on Saturdays as well? or is this the same thing as before on the market? (shit I should probably learn more about London to be honest).

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Return to Places to drink coffee