M1 Services Newport Pagnell (Northbound) - Coffee Primo

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby awlred » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:59 am

3 days in and I'm already feeling increasingly frustrated. The current practice is to extract 2 double shots through 14gs over 25~ seconds and any suggestion to change that is met with "It's what people around here are used to". Given that the coffee is unevenly burnt-medium roast and again that's what people are used to I'm feeling that it was easier to get the servie to change its ways....
UKBC Semi-Finalist 2009
|Iberital MC2|Pavoni ZIP(Borked)|Wega Max 2.6|Bodum 8-cup cafetierre|Aero Press|Eva Solo Cafe|La Pavoni EuroPiccola EP|Ocaree TCA-5 Vacpot

My Blog: http://awlred.wordpress.com

Barista at Peel&Peel Independent Coffee, 22 St Micheal's Road, Northampton
awlred

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:06 am

It must be so frustrating. I feel for you :(. Hopefully you'll be able to turn them around over time.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Bombcup » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:24 pm

You tried Beans round the corner? I offered to work for them for free, well the one in Higham Ferrers anyway. They declined because their boss knows his shit and needs no input from anyone. You're up against it in Northamptonshire.
Bombcup

Postby awlred » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:56 pm

I have, I did try to get in there, although I don't know how long I could bite my tongue about fairtrade :-p

Alas, I was on the bar today and did things my way instead, nobody complained so I take it was good.

Also latte art is something they've never seen..:D
UKBC Semi-Finalist 2009
|Iberital MC2|Pavoni ZIP(Borked)|Wega Max 2.6|Bodum 8-cup cafetierre|Aero Press|Eva Solo Cafe|La Pavoni EuroPiccola EP|Ocaree TCA-5 Vacpot

My Blog: http://awlred.wordpress.com

Barista at Peel&Peel Independent Coffee, 22 St Micheal's Road, Northampton
awlred

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee