Tinto Coffee - Fulham

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Tinto Coffee - Fulham

Postby Lynsey » Wed May 13, 2009 6:59 am

I'm never in Fulham much, but my brother has moved down to London, and since he's the richer one, he's set up home north of the river. Found a lovely little coffee shop, on Fulham Palace Road, it has a great looking 3 group La Marzocco GB/5 (correct me if I'm wrong), and a cool La Marzocco swift grinders, which I've never seen in the flesh before, very cool.

Anyway, its run by some Colombians, and they said they get there coffee from back home,.

Anyone been there, know anything, its worth a visit, oh and order the carrot cake, the portions are massive! :)
Super Jolly, Rober E, Mahlkonig Kenya

Rancilio Sylvia, La Marzocco Linea 2 Grp
Lynsey

RE: Tinto Coffee - Fulham

Postby smoocher » Wed May 13, 2009 3:53 pm

When they say home i think what they really mean is Union or Darlingtons. They were trialing (some really nice actually) coffee from Darlingtons just before i left but i'm not sure they ever went with them in the end. they're on the verge of making a totally decent cup of coffee, nearly all the food is made on site and the guy that runs the place, Paul is one of the loveliest guys you'll ever meet.

it's a really nice store, fantastic fit out, really great neighbourhood cafe feel to it. they also have this incredible little store over by south ken which use to be a public toilet or something. again, incredible fit out, looks great.

it's owned by the people that run snog frozen yogurt as well, who are thoroughly nice guys too!
smoocher

RE: Tinto Coffee - Fulham

Postby Bombcup » Wed May 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Look forward to trying this one, there's not much good coffee in SW London which is rather at odds with the concentration of Michelin star restaurants and pricey delis in the area.
Bombcup

Postby WillC » Sat May 16, 2009 11:15 pm

Yeah, i live 5 minutes from Tinto and have spent many an hour there. Also in Fulham just down the road on the Fulham Road is Local Hero which has IMHO slightly better coffee though the staff are not as friendly unfortunately
Will
Izzo Vivi
Mazzer Mini Model A
Coffee Lab Tamper
WillC

Postby smoocher » Sun May 17, 2009 10:56 am

Mhmph, go across the road to Di'Zain (spellllllling??) instead of Local Hero.

cool store everything apart from pastries baked on site, coffee is really pretty good as well.
smoocher

Postby WillC » Sun May 17, 2009 6:39 pm

Not noticed that one will try it next time i am out and about. Cheers for the tip.
Will
Izzo Vivi
Mazzer Mini Model A
Coffee Lab Tamper
WillC

Postby Carl » Wed May 20, 2009 12:54 pm

they also have this incredible little store over by south ken which use to be a public toilet or something.

Where exactly? - I'm struggling to find decent coffee in South Ken.
Carl

Postby smoocher » Wed May 20, 2009 1:11 pm

erm. come out of the station (as if you were walking to the lambo garage) and take a right, cross over the road and follow it round there's shitty cafe called smile cafe i think and then a deli/cafe type thing then the tinto, then a pub, then snog.
smoocher

Postby HamsunK » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:52 am

I'd say Local Hero consistently has the edge over di-zain.

Over Putney Bridge is Grind Coffee Bar in 79 Lower Richmond Road, which is better yet.
HamsunK

Return to Places to drink coffee