Bath, Bristol, Gloucester etc.

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Tristan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:40 pm

Jika Jika in Bath will be opening as of Monday. Should be good, i'll try and get in there in the next couple of weeks.
The Wild Drink Blog
www.tristanstephenson.com
Expobar Brewtus II, Vario
Tristan

Postby chrishphoto » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:14 pm

I'll second shuurajou's recommendation for the extract coffee stand by the council house in brizzle for a nice shot. Their beans are good too - much better price/freshness ratio than twoday which someone else mentioned.
chrishphoto

Postby matisse » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:28 pm

chrishphoto wrote:I'll second shuurajou's recommendation for the extract coffee stand by the council house in brizzle for a nice shot. Their beans are good too - much better price/freshness ratio than twoday which someone else mentioned.

I know both guys well, the shots from dave and sam @ extract are excellent, But you'd be hard pushed to find fresher coffee that Frank @ Twoday, who never sells anything older than two days from roasting!

also check out extract at the tobacco factory market on a sunday, serving strictly brewed coffee, but still worth it.
matisse

Postby chrishphoto » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Matisse,

Twoday hasn't been around that long and opened just after I moved from Redland to Ashton so I've never been a regular. The beans that I've had from there have been great but they were a quite a bit more expensive than extract's last time I checked. Maybe I'll be more inclined to spend the extra when my skills improve and less coffee goes down the sink!
chrishphoto

Postby matisse » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:51 pm

chrishphoto wrote:Matisse,

Twoday hasn't been around that long and opened just after I moved from Redland to Ashton so I've never been a regular. The beans that I've had from there have been great but they were a quite a bit more expensive than extract's last time I checked. Maybe I'll be more inclined to spend the extra when my skills improve and less coffee goes down the sink!

dude, it's no stress, the comparative prices allude to the volumes that dave and frank roast at.

frank has 5kg roaster, dave a15kg roaster, plus they buy at different prices, with frank seeming to concentrate on cup of excellence.

i'd never recommend you stick to one at the xpense of the other, thats not what it's about.

(btw, frank been up there for at least two years now and pre-dates the extract guys)

I've been training for a while now, if you fancy a few impromptu pointers over a cup let me know, i can get some time on the machine @ baristas one saturday.

mat
matisse

Postby chrishphoto » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:58 pm

That sounds good. I'm pretty busy over the next few weeks but I'll send you a pm when I have a bit more time and see if we can sort something out. I do tend to buy a lot of stuff from extract at the Sunday market as it's so convenient but I'll make the effort to drop into twoday next time I'm on that side of town.
chrishphoto

Postby stanleyk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Made it in to Jika Jika today, really nice guy making the coffee, Jose I think. Was nice to see Aeropress being used as well as machine, two filters available, Rwandan and Brazillian, £2 I thought was a bit of a bargain, espresso was Ethipoian and Sumatran 50/50, although not tried. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area, in my humble
stanleyk

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee