Pasquini espresso machines - Does Europe know these?

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Pasquini espresso machines - Does Europe know these?

Postby LovemyEspresso » Fri May 01, 2009 7:07 am

Pasquini Espresso Machines are well known in the United States as they hail from Los Angeles. Yet many of the coffee buying public mistakenly thinks they are an Italian espresso machine.

The Pasquini Livia 90 comes in both a Semi Automatic and "Automatic" version but the only real difference for the home barista is the control panel.

Having spent the last 3.5 years in Los Angeles I have become a fan of these machines but wonder about the ethos of their misleading elements. I hope that this new topic will generate a conversation so I can learn whether Europeans know this brand and how they feel about the common mistakes that most Americans make in their assumptions when buying this machine.
LovemyEspresso

RE: Pasquini espresso machines - Does Europe know these?

Postby syscrusher » Fri May 01, 2009 7:39 am

They ARE an Italian machine, some manner of Bezzera I think, rebadged as Pasquini.

Does that help?
http://theotherblackstuff.ie

#2 World Schlurper 2010
syscrusher

RE: Pasquini espresso machines - Does Europe know these?

Postby bruceb » Fri May 01, 2009 8:29 am

Yes, they are Bezzera built machines. The Livia has its fan club and also a number of haters. Tom of Sweet Maria's won't carry them anymore. There is a dealer for them in Germany.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Places to drink coffee