Where to visit the UKBC Finals 2009 competitors for a coffee

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

RE: Re: RE: Where to visit the UKBC 2009 finalists for a cof

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks Ed. Please do let us know and we'll update accordingly :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Ed » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Today (17th January 2010) I visited Rhode Island Coffee in Bolton which is a nice place (about 50 metres from Caffe Nero!) and does make exceedingly good coffee.

Luke Lamb was undoubtedly not there because there were two young(ish) ladies doing the honours on the espresso machine etc. so I asked after him and was told that Thursday (21st. January) was to be his last day and he is moving to Bournemouth!!! No further details about his location in Bournemouth were forthcoming.

From the quality of the coffee I was served I believe his legacy will live on after him. Rhode Island is a very pleasant place to spend a quiet few minutes during a busy day. I will be back.
Ed

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:23 am

Thanks for the update Ed, much appreciated. It's good that you found some decent coffee there. It's handy to know there is a decent shot to be had for those passing nearby :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee