Dose at Long Lane, Smithfield, London

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Dose at Long Lane, Smithfield, London

Postby dekis » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:13 pm

There is a new coffee bar with Square Mile coffee, 3 group La Marzocco (well soon, he got a 2 group temporarily I learned) and tripple basket option for us addicts on Long Lane by Smithfield, central London. I had a double espresso and a double ristretto (I didn't know about the tripple basket...) and my gf had a cappuccino - all excellent! Oh this is a happy day, as I live in Barbican and this is my nearest cafe! :D

If you make it a trip to go here (any day but Sundays), further down on the same street there is a gallery/record store/cafe/bar Pure Groove, and behind Smithfield there are a few noteworthy places like Kurz and Lang german sausages, Smith of Smithfields that have potentially the best burgers ever, Vinoteca wine bar, St Johns Food and Wine doing "whole animal cooking" - not to mention the Barbican brutalist grade II listed estate and culture centre. All within a few minutes walk of each other.
Attachments
dose.JPG
dose.JPG (84.58 KiB) Viewed 7075 times
dekis

RE: Dose at Long Lane, Smithfield, London

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Looks and sounds great Dekis :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Bombcup » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Love that part of town, all it was missing was good coffee but it sounds like that's sorted. Anyone tried Modern Pantry on St. John's square? They still doing SQM?
Bombcup

Postby PaulR » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Dose is the most amazing espresso bar. Its good to see him get some coverage on here.
Ive just been again today, James is a brilliant Barista and top bloke too!!

Id almost consider moving just to live within walking distance!!

Ask to see his new tamper!!

A must see.
PaulR

Postby leecb » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:27 pm

Dose seems like a great little cafe, using SQM too.
Went there for the first time last week with a friend. James seems like a top guy, happy to chat and explain what he's up to. Really hope they do well- the more kiwis making coffee in London the better for all of us! :wink: :lol:
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Return to Places to drink coffee