Nordic Barista Cup in Iceland

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Nordic Barista Cup in Iceland

Postby Jaanus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:28 am

got this in email some time ago, thought it`s good to share. It`s in my opinion one of the most important barista get-togethers and learning events. Love the event, unfortunately can`t manage this year.

OK, here's the email from Björg:

We consider everyone who reads coffeed.com to be an important part of the innovative coffee society!

That is why we are especially proud to present you with this invitation by which you can become a part of the 2009 event at a favourable price. The date for the event is 17.-19. September 2009.

Early bird
This invitation gives you the opportunity to register for the event at a special price of 300 € if you register before January 1st 2009.

The planning of The Nordic Barista Cup 2009 in Reykjavík is in its first phase and we can already now promise you a very different event focusing on elements like:

Being together
Mixing people with different experiences and competences creates an explosive cocktail of knowledge about coffee, dying to be shared and absorbed by you.

Acting together
Hands on is one of the most important elements if you want to learn about coffee. We truly believe in this! After the event we hope you will too…

Learning together
Are you open minded? This is our only requirement from us to you, because if not you will miss an essential opportunity to expand your own knowledge.

The focus country for 2009 will be Costa Rica. You will be learning about their coffees, cupping them and we will also collect money for a charity project in Costa Rica. In harvest time 2010 the winning team and others will go on an educative tour to Costa Rica.

Please forward this email to your friends.
We look forward to see you in Reykjavik in September 2009.
Sincerely

Jens and Björg

Nordic Barista Cup Administration
+45 333 22 889

be together, act together, learn together

http://www.nordicbaristacup.com
La Cimbali Junior D/1
Mazzer Super Jolly
other stuff
------------------------------------
Caffeine. My drug of choice...
Jaanus

RE: Nordic Barista Cup in Iceland

Postby shm » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:17 pm

I'll be in Reykjavik 2 weeks later than the NBC. But the guy who represented Iceland at the WBC this year is usually at the venue I'm at, doing the coffee. So I can sample his very fine brews. Pity this wasn't around the same time as my EVE online fanfest trip or I would've combined both.
stuff
shm

Return to Places to drink coffee