Maastrict, Valkenberg and Aachen

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:20 pm

:lol:
Now I remember why I didn't take GCSE history! :lol:
Serves me right for not reading the title post and just going off the fact that it was near Zappers :D
Hey Zapty, how's the roasting coming along?
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby zapty » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:13 am

Gouezeri wrote::lol:
Now I remember why I didn't take GCSE history! :lol:
Serves me right for not reading the title post and just going off the fact that it was near Zappers :D
Hey Zapty, how's the roasting coming along?

Excellent, Dom, just roasted up a storm, 3 kg in 6 batches (Ethiopean Sidamo, Limu, Golocha and Harrar, Indonesian (Sumatra) Mandheling and Panama Bambito. I am very happy with the Mini roaster, does a great job.....
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:13 pm

Wow, that's a lot of roasted all at once Zaps .... not all for your use surely? :shock: :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby zapty » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:03 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Wow, that's a lot of roasted all at once Zaps .... not all for your use surely? :shock: :D

Well yes, Cakey, quite a normal roasting amount for our household, lasts for a period of just under two weeks.
We do have a lot of friends and family visiting regularly who all want to drink coffee though.....
I will have to roast loads more once we get a little closer to Xmas, everyone wants freshly roasted beans for a Xmas present......
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:20 pm

I thought we used quite a bit at around 400g a week! That is a serious amount there. It's good to hear that you are having lots of fun with your roaster :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby zapty » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:51 am

Wot....400 grams a week...... you need to get away from behind your computer a little more often Cakey and get around people a some more, my wee little sister uses even more than that.... what's next.... you'll be turning in to a tea drinking, pinky finger lifting, doddering old...... you know what, if you don't watch yourself ???!
zapty

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:02 am

zapty wrote:you'll be turning in to a tea drinking, pinky finger lifting, doddering old...... you know what, if you don't watch yourself ???!

Hey Zappers, I didn't know you'd already met Cakey :twisted:
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:46 am

Ah tea, best drink of the day! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:36 am

CakeBoy wrote:I miss Brummie :(
Me too :( To date, he's the best hugger in the whole wide world :D

Ooops :oops: zapty... sorry... but uhm... it's prolly because I was thinking Veldhoven instead of Valkenburg... ahhhh they both start with V... I've been away for over a year... what more do you want from me :P :lol:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Glenn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:15 pm

Thanks for the tips lads. Will be on Twitter throughout the weekend @getnoticed
Hope to report from a few places

Will need a decent coffee after catching the 0200 sailing from Dover to Dunkerque tomorrow morning...

Thanks all for the tips, especially the free parking - bonus!
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:24 am

Have a great trip Leverage :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby zapty » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Bean_Believer wrote:
CakeBoy wrote:I miss Brummie :(
Me too :( To date, he's the best hugger in the whole wide world :D

Ooops :oops: zapty... sorry... but uhm... it's prolly because I was thinking Veldhoven instead of Valkenburg... ahhhh they both start with V... I've been away for over a year... what more do you want from me :P :lol:

Your loyalty and some more satay..... love your cooking.....
zapty

Postby zapty » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:26 pm

How was the trip Leverage.....?
zapty

Postby Glenn » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks for the wishes guys.

The trip was fabulous.
We stopped by Alt Aachener Kaffee & Weinstuben „Leo van den Daele“ as per the recommendations

Although the coffee was nothing memorable the Hot Chocolate was fabulous, served in a tall ceramic jug/pot with an unhealthy dollop of whipped cream (but oh so divine) and the daintiest (if that is a word) croissants that I have seen.

In the early hours of Saturday morning this week we will be getting to grips with the Dutch motorway system on our way to Bremen, and sampling more coffee houses on the way and in Northern Germany this time.

No real standout cafes from the last trip - there is a bit of a coffee void around Aachen it seems
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee