Great Coffee for the Kiwis here....

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Great Coffee for the Kiwis here....

Postby espressomattic » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:42 am

The Park at National Park Village.

Awesome coffee from Allpress (I think). Run off a 3 group Marzocco. Can be found on SHW 41 (I think), great chocolatly shot not like the normal kiwi brew. To top it all, great views of the Mountains.

Also the Cafe at Whakapapa does a great Robusta Laden shot as well. Perfect after getting wiped out on the tobbogan runs!!

I never realised active volcanoes had so much going for them. my eldest took out a woman and ended up fracturing the womans shoulder! I have a pround bruise the size of Stewart Island on my rump too!!
espressomattic

RE: Great Coffee for the Kiwis here....

Postby Glenn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:37 pm

Great to hear Whakapapa is finally catching on to decent coffee.
Turoa had truly awful coffee but did a mean hot chocolate last time I was there.

The Wild Bean Cafe at BP National Park was the closest thing to a decent coffee that anyone could get at 0530 when we flew past tp get to Ohakune in time for the mountain road to be open.

I was skiing the day the mountain blew - what an experience!
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Postby espressomattic » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:05 pm

The Barista at the Park persuaded the manager to get all the gear only last week, so it was a real bonus.

Surprisingly the coffee used on the Mountain is an Imported Italian Blend. I was expecting stale rubbish but was surprised!!

So it was your fault eh Glenn! No rumbles this time though...
espressomattic

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:24 pm

Toboggamattic wrote:Perfect after getting wiped out on the tobbogan runs!!

I never realised active volcanoes had so much going for them. my eldest took out a woman and ended up fracturing the womans shoulder! I have a pround bruise the size of Stewart Island on my rump too!!

Breaking runs in the family eh Matt? ;) :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby espressomattic » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:23 am

Don't ya know it mate!
espressomattic

Postby Beanie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:58 am

Duh... didn't you know... his youngest is named Wreckomattic :P
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Return to Places to drink coffee