AArgh, why is life so full of bad coffee?

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

AArgh, why is life so full of bad coffee?

Postby al_bongo » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:52 pm

Just suffered an Americano where they pushed 12oz plus water through the puck and the blasted machine has a setting for this??? Yes I could have said something and I might have if I thought the coffee was less than 3 months old and therefore worth the effort!

I can think of only one commercial place in Glasgow where they don't use coffee that's not ancient and they over roast their beans.

I blame Nescafe for this. If it's not instant it must be good seems to be the prevailing philosopy, but dear God their are times I wish I'd brought a jar of Nescafe along or gone to Starbucks instead of the stuff that most venues seem to turn out.
al_bongo

RE: AArgh, why is life so full of bad coffee?

Postby lukas » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:44 pm

I feel your pain ...
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

RE: AArgh, why is life so full of bad coffee?

Postby Glenn » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:18 pm

That's such a sorry state of affairs but an experience that is being repeated all over the country to those less informed than ourselves, who think it natural to get a cup of black goo - that probably still tastes better than instant but nowhere near our expectations of a half-decent shot/cup.

I would have been tempted to ask for another to be made and have done so on a few occasions over the past few weeks...

There is no excuse for poor coffee.
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Return to Places to drink coffee