Stoke - on - Trent

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Stoke - on - Trent

Postby Ed » Sun May 04, 2008 7:35 am

I have been to many cities in the world and enjoyed (or otherwise) various establishments serving coffee.

I regret that I have never given the time to finding somewhere in my home city that serves a decent shot.

Now we have Nero, Starmucks and Costa in the city centre we must be classed as a coffee consuming region.

So far the best I have found with my limited research is Cafe Davide on the Trentham Estate complex.

The coffee bar at Keele Uni Students Union got a mention in an issue of the Independent's "50 best" series (I suspect that was because it uses Matthew Algie products and one of the judges was a Matthew Algie representative) but I have never tried it.

Is there anybody out there who knows of a secret gem in the area and is willing to share?

Ed
Ed

RE: Stoke - on - Trent

Postby Beanie » Sun May 04, 2008 11:37 pm

Not from me... but wish you posted this last July/August when I was there ;) :)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

RE: Stoke - on - Trent

Postby marionhaste » Mon May 05, 2008 7:16 am

I used to live in Stone and Bar 40 in the middle of the High Street used to be very good. However, I think it's changed hands since I left and is now called The Lounge.
marionhaste

Return to Places to drink coffee