Follow-up on Starbucks training

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Follow-up on Starbucks training

Postby bruceb » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:55 am

Thisis from ABC News, a source that comes close to being a tabloid in its content and style. It is read and watched by huge numbers of people. All the more interesting that they present this information, most of which I think TMCers would agree with. "It All Starts with a Good Grinder." I forgot for a moment that I was reading main-stream news and not TMC. :roll: :lol:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: Follow-up on Starbucks training

Postby espressomattic » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:32 am

Pretty good read. Thanks Bruce :D
espressomattic

Postby johnny » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:20 am

I was affected by this ... I was unable to get my Cranberry Muffin.

I dont quite see how this training will help though .... more and more starbucks are moving to fully automatic machines ???

So what does the the training entail then ?

(1) Press this button for a single shot
(2) Press this button for a double shot.

The only thing they can do is learn how to steam milk correctly
- Vivi
- MC4
- No kitchen space left
johnny

Postby bruceb » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:46 am

Part of the training was supposed to be related to adjusting the automats. They can really only make a decent shot if they are adjusted properly and need constant attention.

The Chicago Tribune published some comments about this made by readers and most wrote this off as a publicity stunt. One person said "I'll order an espresso tomorrow and if it's drinkable I'll know that this training will have paid off, but I'm not expecting that to happen."
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby fred25 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:09 am

bruceb wrote:Part of the training was supposed to be related to adjusting the automats. They can really only make a decent shot if they are adjusted properly and need constant attention.

Did you mean like that?

Mod's Edit: Photo(s) resized to fit page and prevent stretching. 500 x 500 pixels max please, whether posted or linked to hosted. To check size, right click on the photo and select 'properties'. See "Resizing Images" sticky using IrfanView or iZoom in Members' Clubroom for details.
Attachments
robot_mirage_bip_149b.jpg
robot_mirage_bip_149b.jpg (33.34 KiB) Viewed 4301 times
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

Postby Aadje » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:59 pm

:lol:
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby bruceb » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Hey! Did you attend the Starby training session? :shock: :lol:
bruceb

Postby GeorgeW » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:15 pm

Interesting avatar Bruce. Are you filming the construction of your new stair lift? 8)
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Return to Places to drink coffee