I'm back from Bali with some furniture....

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

I'm back from Bali with some furniture....

Postby Joey » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:09 am

Hi guys and girls!

I'm back and spent much less money then expected for furniture and deco materials - Bali is awesome! I even got a huge sndstone wall with a relief of a tree & animals, antique and for decoration in the back of the shop....it's so cool...
Even the cups and plates where cheap and handmade - I also couldn't resist buying a 1964 Vespa with a lot of chrome which I could sell here for 3x the price....(that#S WHAT i TOLD MY HUSBAND; i#M STILL HOPING i CAN KEEP IT :oops: - UPS - CAPSLOCK, sorry)

I met some nice people which have smll little cofee gardens...and of course brought some samples. Unfortunatels 2 samples I got from the food and beverage director of our hotel turned out to be full with bugs - it was an aged coffee.
I also got an arabica and a robusta from Ruteng, a neighbor island of Papua New Guinea, but this is the one that looks very brownish.

The other samples are in the container and will take a month to arrive, so I can distribute samples then - sorry to keep you waiting.

I also met a guy from sumatra whose family has a 10 hectar mini-coffee farm. He will send me samples soon. (I hope so, I gave him 20 $ for the postage :wink: )

The coffee sold in the supermarket is crap. Mostly preground nd packed in normal plastic bags, no aroma protection.
People drink it cooked like turkish coffee but with milk and sugar, and in a glass.
I have to say it tastes nice and I will serve this recipie in my shop as well as Kopi Bali :)

Now I'm very busy in the shop, but I will visit TMC as often as possible.
Yesterday I opened it for the first time with my own key - awesome feeling!!! And it's sooooo huge! Frigthening! :shock:

see ya soon
joey
Attachments
Driver-with-KopiBali.jpg
our driver with Kopi Bali
Driver-with-KopiBali.jpg (64.62 KiB) Viewed 4812 times
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby Joey » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:09 am

...and my new scarf....
Attachments
Snake-Hugs.jpg
Snake-Hugs.jpg (104.58 KiB) Viewed 4811 times
Joey

Postby Joey » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:12 am

...and a gas station...
Attachments
Tankstelle.jpg
Tankstelle.jpg (196 KiB) Viewed 4805 times
Joey

Postby Raf » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:28 am

And what about your vespa? I'm curious about that. I've been thinking about getting either a Vespa or one of those BMW C1 things.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:34 pm

slightly off topic but I love to show you my baby - no comments about the color - if you see the others you'll know why I have chosen this one :lol:

joey
Attachments
Vespa_150cc_1964.jpg
I think the color looks original, too....the others where metallic colors and lokked too modern...
Vespa_150cc_1964.jpg (253.51 KiB) Viewed 4791 times
Joey

Postby Joey » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:39 pm

3 good reasons for pink:
:lol:
Attachments
Nina-Vespa.jpg
unfortunately the blue ones where sold already...
Nina-Vespa.jpg (147.63 KiB) Viewed 4789 times
Frogvespa.jpg
I could have taken this one, too...but I didn't dare ;-)
Frogvespa.jpg (129.39 KiB) Viewed 4789 times
Vespa-orange.jpg
that color was like bean-soup and metallic - but I do get this nice chrome nose and the plane (in the front) instead of the panther...
Vespa-orange.jpg (131.69 KiB) Viewed 4789 times
Joey

Postby Raf » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:46 am

Great! I'm jealous.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Return to Places to drink coffee