Brugge suggestions please

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Brugge suggestions please

Postby Slimboyfat » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Hi guys

Going to Brugge in May with the family for 4 days

We're renting a house with a great looking kitchen, so the Zazz and some beans will come with me

Any suggestions for good coffee while we're there?

Any other suggestions for things to do? Chocolate, beer and frites are already high on the list, but specific ideas would be good.

Answers on a postcard please

regards
Slimboy...

...never knowingly underfed

expobar pulser, quickmill 031, Reg Barber Radical Pro US curve, Koenigbot, aerobie, armour plated welded 1910 hybrid german whirley, several french presses, antique nepolitana, an old stovetop, Zassenhaus that smells of pepper and a hoover attachment colander/cooler thing
Slimboyfat

RE: Brugge suggestions please

Postby Raf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:39 pm

Going to Brussels, by any chance? If so, find the "Place Jourdan" on the map and get thee to the best fries shop in the world (no kidding). It's "Chez Antoine" by the way (the round kiosk in the middle of the square), not the kebab thing.

Also on the place Jourdan is "Mamma Roma" where you will find a MEAN pizza. Dunno about the espresso.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Slimboyfat » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:15 pm

HMMM

Only one response and that's recommending I go somewhere else (thanks Raf, won't make it to Brussels this time, despite the thought of another trip to Marcolinis!)

Doesn't bode well :(

...never knowingly underfed

expobar pulser, quickmill 031, Reg Barber Radical Pro US curve, Koenigbot, aerobie, armour plated welded 1910 hybrid german whirley, several french presses, antique nepolitana, an old stovetop, Zassenhaus that smells of pepper and a hoover attachment colander/cooler thing
Slimboyfat

Postby bruceb » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:15 pm

I suspect not many of us get to Brugge all that often. I've been there a number of times and it's a lovely place. I had a good double in a small shop that had a 1-2kg Probat in the corner and the coffee was excellent. Unfortunately, I have no idea where exactly it was or the name, so I'm no help. Let us know if you have any luck. :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Raf » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:56 pm

It's been ages since I've been in Brugge, I'm sorry. I suspect you'll get better answers from our American cousins at coffeegeek - USians love Brooouzj.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby dolcevita » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi Slimboyfat,
Sorry for the late reply, I've only recently joined TMC. I don't know how old your children are, but there is a bike hire outfit called Pink Elephant operating there who do guided bike tours around the city & its enirons. Really good.

The chocolate dipped strawberries are excellent, too.

Dolcevita
dolcevita

Postby HarmDommisse » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:34 am

I lived and studied for 2 years in Brugge.

For ice-cream and espresso: Da Vinci, Geldmuntstraat 34 (closed from november till januari)
For Fries: On the markt square near the Bellfort.
For Chocolate: The Chocolate Line, Simon Stevinplein 19
For beer (party): Cafe Pick, Eiermarkt
For beer (tasting): De Halve Maan, Walplein 26
ThuisBarista.nl what else?
VBM Domobar RVS - Brasilia Club - Cona model D - Technivorm KBG741 - Aeropress - La San Marco SM90
In the grinder: Empty,
HarmDommisse

Return to Places to drink coffee