Vienna trip

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Vienna trip

Postby chissit » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi all,
Planning a trip to Vienna in mid Feb and am looking for inside info' on the best spots to head to for my daily kick(s). Any comments very much appreciated...

Cheers
Gary
This week, I are mainly juggling too many balls...

Far too much kit!!
chissit

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:03 am

Hi Gary!

I built up the Mocca Club, a speciality Coffee Shop in Vienna with more then 50 single origins.
But due to my divorce and a new great job as a Barista Trainer I left the place to my ex. So they have still very good coffee, but not 50 anymore, but I wouldn't put my neck on the line for the staff. There are no good Baristas working there anymore, they don't care about the place so much.... *sigh*
But the coffee made by a dear friend of mine is stil so good, that you wil enjoy it. The place has a colonial style interior, comfy leather sofas..

MOCCA CLUB
Linke Wienzeile 4
1060 Vienna

Opened every day, Sunday Sweet Brunch, Cocktailbar as well, and on the opposite side you have a very good Market place, the Naschmarkt. Very famous.
If you wanna have the best fish - go 120m in the same direction as the cars are driving, and on the Market you'll find the Fish Restaurant "Nautilus"

You should see an old Viennese Coffee House, but dont expect much about the coffee.

Café Central (Beautiful Palais....)
Café Schwarzenberg (Very nice)
Café Hotel Imperial (very good Imperial cake)
Hotel Sacher (Cofee + original Sacher cake)

And you have to see the original Hawelka !!!!!!

Everything close or in downtown. Vienna is small, you can do all without a car.
Take a tram on the Ringstrasse and drive one round first, you'll get a good impression of all before you "digg in"

Have fun!

Joey
Joey

Postby chissit » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Joey,
Reading the other thread, it sounds like you did a great job with Mocca Club, it's a real shame that things turned out the way they did. You obviously have a real passion for coffee and aside from the personal issues, running a successful operation is hard work and the right support is essential...:roll:
Anyway, it looks like your hard work paid off in the end :D :D

I'll be sure to take your advice an plan my visit well

Thanks for the info' Joey and I sincerely hope you enjoy your adventures at the School & beyond! 8)

Cheers

Gary

Far too much kit!!
chissit

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:15 pm

Thanks. How long will you stay and when exactly will ou be there?
I am not always in Vienna in February, and the other time I have a lot of classes, even in english... :lol:
So if I have time I can invite you to visit either the academy, the coffe museum or a good coffee house. Just need to know when.

You and your companion or family, of course. :)

C U
Joey
Joey

Postby chissit » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi Joey,
If all goes to plan, we should be in Vienna by Sunday 10th Feb' and leave either 14th or 15th. We have yet to confirm everything though...

It would be great to meet up if you have the time 8)

Gary

Far too much kit!!
chissit

Postby toma » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:57 am

Going to Vienna today. Hope to have an espresso at the Mocca Club!

toma
ECM Giotto Premium, La Cimbali Max, Chemex
toma

Postby toma » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:55 am

Got there. Luckily my wife wanted tho to the Naschmarkt so just happened to be at the Mocca Club. Joey, this place has a fantastic atmosphere! I congratulate you for creating it. I hope you will create even more value in your new post.

The coffee was enjoyable. I had a ristretto and tasted my wife's espresso as well.
toma

Postby Joey » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:23 am

Thanks. I am sorry that the coffee quality is not as it should be anymore... but at least you had a nice time. Sorry that we didn't meet - I was just on the move to Hamburg for a training session. Did you 2 like Vienna?
Joey
Joey

Postby toma » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Yes, Joey, we had a great time. I love this city! Always have a good time there. And the great Harrar I bought at Mocca Club reminds me of the nice trip every morning. Unfortunately I don't have much left. :)
toma

Postby Mobak » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:00 am

I'm going to Vienna tomorrow and I hope I'll get the chance to visit Mocca Club. I'm in Vienna to work, but I'm staying at the SAS hotel at Parkring 16, which should be quite close to Mocca Club.

I hope they didn't ruin the coffee totally yet.
Mobak

Postby Sarion » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:09 am

Check out the Cafe del Doge! Take a look at this thread:
http://toomuchcoffee.com/index.php?name ... pic&t=5514

Enjoy! :-)
tell me I`m mad
you're a fine one to decide

Izzo Alex Duetto iii, Mazzer Mini E mod A, Gene Cafe, Grindenstein
Sarion

Postby Joey » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:42 pm

Mobak wrote:I'm going to Vienna tomorrow and I hope I'll get the chance to visit Mocca Club. I'm in Vienna to work, but I'm staying at the SAS hotel at Parkring 16, which should be quite close to Mocca Club.

I hope they didn't ruin the coffee totally yet.

Are you still in Vienna? Read that just now. Well, they have the good coffee in the Mocca Club again, but they are not perfect in foaming the milk yet, But after my vacation they'll get some more training from me ;-)

Hope you like Vienna, weather is bad though. Too cold. Had no fall. Right after sunmmer the wonter came into town last week. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

You should walk over the Naschmarkt. It's an interesting place, right infront of the Mocca Club (which has to be renamed into Mocca Lounge, as my stupid exhusband wanted to charge too much money for the logo....)

Have fun!

Joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:44 pm

He is in VIENNA - not Venice :lol:

Sarion wrote:Check out the Cafe del Doge! Take a look at this thread:
http://toomuchcoffee.com/index.php?name ... pic&t=5514

Enjoy! :-)
Joey

Postby lukas » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Does that mean it's your place again? *confused*
edit: oh, just noticed the thread in the members clubroom
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby Joey » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:29 pm

Hallo Lukas!
How are you? (könnte ja deutsch schreiben, wil aber die anderen nicht vor den Kopf stoßen :wink: )
I always say when you do good things, good things come back to you. And that's what happens in my life right now. One of the things is - the MC stays alive but I don't have the responsibility for the staff - but my idea lives on :o

What are you doing right now? And what is in the avatar? Can't imagine something with coffee - maybe paper filters??? :lol:

Nice to read from you!
cheers
Joey
Joey

Next

Return to Places to drink coffee