Taylor street Baristas.

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Taylor street Baristas.

Postby leecb » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:05 pm

http://www.taylor-st.com/index.html

Anyone heard of these guys in Shepherds Bush?
I'm going to go and check them out later in the week, but if you go to the links on their site they have only 2: Jim and Steve.
I particularly like this quote:

With one sip, your coffee options dwindle to a precious few: a mere handful of skilled baristas capable of meeting your newly enlightened needs.

Yours is a wretched plight, indeed.

For those who inhabit this lonely world, we welcome you to our humble little corner of the web: a place where real coffee lovers can gather around and share and console and learn from each other.

And for those who've happened across this site by accident - who've read the above and recognised none of it - we respectfully ask you to leave us in peace and return to where you came from.
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

RE: Taylor street Baristas.

Postby kingseven » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:34 pm

Lovely people - we've known them for a while and they do a great job. I keep meaning to get over to their new Shepherd's Bush location, but am far too lazy! Say hi from me if Andrew is there....
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

RE: Taylor street Baristas.

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:31 am

Got to admit it, last time I went somewhere with Jim, the shot was excellent... been back there twice since, same barista, definitely not as impressed. Must get me a cardboard cutout Jim... might even get noticed in queues then too :D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Worth the visit

Postby Beyond_Coffee » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Well worth a visit - the macchiato was pretty damn good that I had.
I recently stayed overnight close by in a hotel that was proudly brewing Starb**ks so it was a relief to get a good coffee. Their window graphics make a big play of the fact that the barista are Australian - doesnt say much for UK baristas in thier eyes at least!

Gary
Beyond_Coffee

RE: Worth the visit

Postby Styles » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:49 pm

I went to their Brighton store a fair while back. Good stuff, and the (I'm sorry Andrew) second most amazing chai I've ever had.

One of their baristas, Vic, has just started helping me out one day a week. I hear that Shepherd's Bush is closing very soon, due to something happening with TFL. Who knows.
Styles

Return to Places to drink coffee