's-Hertogenbosch

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

's-Hertogenbosch

Postby Aadje » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:30 am

This weekend I've been to 's-Hertogenbosch, and in 's-Hertogenbosch is the AD award winning Bagels & Beans. I had to try it out.

I had one cappuccino and one ristretto (and ofcourse some bagels). The cappa was very good. The microfoam was good and their coffeeblend came through very nice. The best cappa I had in a shop so far.

The ristretto wasn't sour or robusta-tasting and tasted quite nice. But it was a bit too much to ask from their coffeeblend imho. It tasted a bit stale, and as concetrated as in a ristretto the flavours were a bit too harsh, but only a tiniest bit.

Overall: they know what they are doing and worth a visit.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

RE:

Postby bruceb » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:02 am

Thanks for the info! Glad you had a positive experience there. IMO it is probably unrealistic to expect a good ristretto (restretto) from a shop. It's hard enough to get them right at home with really fresh beans. I'm very pleased when I'm served a good normal espresso.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE:

Postby Merlino » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:40 pm

I'm glad you liked the shop. A friend of mine visited it and she was very positive as well! As far as I know they use a Single Estate coffee from Panama (Janson Family La Torcaza Estate).
Merlino

Return to Places to drink coffee