Stockholm

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Stockholm

Postby Coffeebreak » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 am

I am often in Stockholm, as my wife is Swedish and her family lives there. I read an article in a local paper about a coffee shop called Frapino that is supposed to be fantastic. Reading the attitude of the owner, Lakis Toutouzoglou, towards what makes a good coffee, they were certainly walking the walk, so I felt obligated to try it out. I was yet to have a good espresso in Stockholm, so I didn't want to get my hopes up!

I ordered a double espresso (they were using Yirgacheffe) They use a La Marzocco 3-group machine. They roast beans every Thursday. And they give you free wifi! It was a very nice, cosy place and I sat down to try my coffee.

First sip was a concern, thought it a little bitter, but it got superb as it cooled, very creamy tasting. Maybe it wasn't bitter, and I was just being fussy, so in order to be sure, I ordered a second!

I was being fussy, the second cup was, if anything, better than the first.

The owner trains his staff with the intention that the coffee will be excellent no matter who serves you.

If you're ever in Stockholm, visit Frapino. LÃ¥ngholmsgatan 3. The nearest underground (tunnelbana) is Hornstull.
Rancilio Silvia (with PID) and Rocky Doserless
Cona Vac Pot - Table Model "B"
Grindenstein knockbox
Almost complete set of Bodium doublewalled glasses
Coffeebreak

RE: Stockholm

Postby jumper » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:09 am

i cant say iv ever had an excellent cup in sthlm, but in my visits there iv been to this place and it wasent bad, there is also a place called something i forgot, its in the old town main street and the outside is green, they have 4 grinders and as long as you dont order nothing they call large youll be fine there
moccatronic eleganza 2gr
ecm botticelli 2
mazzer mini
fiorenzato t80
jumper

Postby Jo2 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:31 pm

I've been at Frapino last week (visiting my sister) and i had a really nice cappuccino (yeah yeah, i know... it's a girly drink)...
I do get the impression though that in Sweden they like very dark roasts...
Mazzermini E, Jura E80, Mokapot (VBM Domobar Super on its way)
Jo2

Postby JCSweden » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:33 pm

There is great coffee in Stockholm if you know where to look. A short and not comprehensive list:

Non Solo Bar on Odengatan
Drop Coffee at Mariatorget
Johan och Nyströms at Mariatorget
Cafe Mineur in Gamla Stan on Stora Nygatan
Cocovaja at Sankt Eriksgatan 109
Mellquists on Södermalm and St Eriksplan
V Street on Vasagatan

That's just a few excellent places to try!

And of course Kaffemaskinen, but I would say that :-)
JCSweden

Return to Places to drink coffee