Good shops in Boston?

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Good shops in Boston?

Postby doristori » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:10 am

Well, haven't been the busiest in here but thought I'd ask whether you knew of some good coffee bars in Boston since I'll be going there in a month or so?
I'll be there for around 2 weeks so I'll need some good coffee while I'm there.
NS Oscar with a NS Grinta grinder and fresh roasts from a local coffeehouse.
doristori

RE: Good shops in Boston?

Postby zapty » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:04 am

Try Caffe Paradiso, used to be OK....
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby Simon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:43 pm

If you mean Boston, Mass., not Boston Lincolnshire, try the North End district, full of great Italian delicacies including coffee. It's hard to find a bad one. All the old men look like Uncle Junior from the Sopranos and put the fear of god in to me though :lol:
Simon

Postby Chrisweaver » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:11 pm

and if you mean boston, lincolnshire, then don't go, please, please PLEASE don't go, being from Lincolnshire myself, its embarassing!
Chrisweaver

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:07 pm

Chrisweaver wrote:and if you mean boston, lincolnshire, then don't go, please, please PLEASE don't go, being from Lincolnshire myself, its embarassing!

:lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

hmm

Postby Chrisweaver » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:59 pm

you say that like you know Boston?? I'm about to post a topic regarding coffee shops in Lincolnshire, keep your eye out for it!!

Im not from boston, I dont live there, I dont bisit there... etc... just to clarify!! ha haa
Chrisweaver

RE: hmm

Postby doristori » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:37 pm

Well, I was in Boston, MA, USA and I didn't manage to find any good shops there, since I was a $s virgin I decided to give them a chance and ordered a doppio there and what I got was so horrendous that after the first sip I threw it in the bin, happened to be standing next to the manager and he wanted to know what was wrong with the coffee. I simply told him that this was the worst cup of espresso that I had ever tasted (and I sometimes end up with bad cups when dialing in the grinder when changing blends) and that I would never ever have a cup of coffee in $s again.
Was taking my kid to Children's Hospital Boston for heart surgery (everything is okay now, everything fixed) and the brew at the hospital was a couple of quality steps higher than @ $s.

Will be going back to Boston next fall for vacation to see the city better and then I will be looking better for a good coffeeshop.
NS Oscar with a NS Grinta grinder and fresh roasts from a local coffeehouse.
doristori

Postby Gislipals » Thu May 01, 2008 9:47 pm

sounds disappointing -.- I guess this post is rather futile since you're back from Boston now, but in case anyone else wants more info on Bostonian espresso, Simon's Coffee Shop in Porter Sq (one stop further than Harvard Sq on the Red line) - http://simonscoffeeshop.com/

They serve George Howell's Terroir on a La Marzocco FB80 and serve your drink with a smile :)
Gislipals

Return to Places to drink coffee