Whitby????

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Whitby????

Postby Aadje » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:21 pm

HughF wrote:Marionhaste may feel inhibited by the no advertising rule unless I've misunderstood that. They could always send a PM just to those who have asked the question directly I guess.

I'd say there is a difference between stating where your shop is and telling everyone how great your shop is. But I'm not the policymaker, so what I'd say is not really the matter :roll:
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Whitby????

Postby BazBean » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:39 pm

My Shop is Great !! ........ and so Am I , others may disagree but they are entitled to there wrong opinion.. he he he:roll: :shock: :? :D

Yes Mr Cakes ..... back from the motherland of espresso (apparently). Where i had some truely awfull espresso , honestly i did.
The last time I was there my experience of espresso was a lot less than today and i was easily impressed i think, but after having spent time with some talented baristas and industry professional also met a few TMC regulars, I found this time the experience disapointing as i think my own levels of expectation have grown and evolved.
This sort of ties in to posts and investigations about the UK prior to going but i guess most here have far outgrown most of what is on offer outhere ! :cry: even when its part of the culture but considering the level of passion, enthusiasm and energy given to the subject is that such a surprise? i think not.
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby zapty » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:45 pm

That's great Bazbear and I for one believe you at your word......., now tell us where Marions shop is......you must be almost neighbours.....
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:54 pm

Aadje summed it up well, there is no advertising problem mentioning the location of a coffee shop in response to a question.

I know what you mean Baz; that realisation when what once appeared good no longer does and nothing 'out' hits the spot anymore is ....... inevitable perhaps, but definately frustrating, disappointing ..... thank goodness for the Aerobie I say :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Aadje » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:25 pm

Well, we know 5 things now:

1) Baz's shop is great
2) And so is he
3) Marions shop is still in Whitby, we suppose
4) Thank heavens we've got the Aerobie
5) We don't really get anywhere with all this newfound knowledge . . .

:roll: ;)
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:04 am

At least I learned how to count to five because of this thread. Bonus! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee