Scarborough?

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Lambo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:28 pm

I blame my tool! Must be that, cos I've only got a Baby one...

Went to Baz's on Saturday and SW(Thinks She)MBO said that the espresso was better than mine - how dare she :shock:
She also said it was probably the best espresso she'd ever had in the UK - as good as real Italian ones!

We had the pleasure of meeting Baz as well. The only problem is the distance from here to Scarborough - but then again that could be a good things as She might forget how good his coffee is :D
Thanks Baz!
Rancilio Rocky SD, Gaggia Baby,
Hario Bloom, various cafetières, Mellita filter machine, 4 hand-operated grinders, Aeropress
Citroën DS
Lambo

Postby bruceb » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Baz is tops! I hope he finds time to join us again.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:44 pm

bruceb wrote:Baz is tops! I hope he finds time to join us again.

Yes, we miss him lots.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby BazBean » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:54 am

just when you thought it was safe to enter the water again ......

you know how it goes fellas, the admiration of my public, young ladies desperate to be seen with the latest coffee hot shot :-) it all takes up my time lol

in other words my new set of friends have found me to me a little sad and have become bored with my poor jokes and insensative ramblings... you know a bit like you guys and Dom ? but you dont shun him so if i behave may i join your gang again and post lots of stuff again and as usuall less than 10% of it coffe related?

and public apology to Cakes for not responding to a much loved guy who found time and effort to see if a friend was ok and i put off responding untill a million years went by :-(
he will make me pay i know he will .....
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby GreenBean » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:57 am

It's just great to know that you are OK Baz. Welcome back. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Thiskey » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:01 am

Hi Baz, Abi and I popped in to one of your branches on Sat evening. Intrigued to see it turns into a tapas restaurant after hours! Couldn't stretch to the tapas but had a delicious coffee (as expected!) and a nice chat with your friendly barista. There's something wonderful about sitting in a coffee shop on a cold dark evening! Then headed off to see Rob Brydon at the Futurist Theatre... little insight into my life there. Tom
Thiskey

Postby bruceb » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:23 am

BAZ! Great to have you back. Oh, but we do shun Dom, he just doesn't notice it. Great to hear you are well.

Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby BazBean » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:16 pm

nice to be back all said very few oppertunities to read all postings and catch up..
Hi Tom... welcome anytime and you have just reminded me to book tickets for Mr Brydon which i cant as its past lol.....doh !! an insight into my life as well.

is it me or has everyones kitt list just grown to crazy sizes ..... ahhh so god to be back with the crazies.
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby espressomattic » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Only Cakes kit list Baz! Oh and Bruces too...

Mine has remained consistent mate - and largely unbroken (I wish I could say the same for myself!!!!)

We are planning a trip back to the UK in about 7 years - you still going to be around?
espressomattic

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:42 am

Baz you tart! :P Now I shall have to call back the expeditionary team that set off a month ago, complete with pack mules, huskies and an Aeribie, for the wilderness that is Scarborough (turn right at Leeds and hope .....) with a view to a rescue!

It's great to see you around and to know you are okay. If you leave again, I will send Dom ..... revenge enough? :shock:

This place is poorer without your presence becasue we have to listen to Dom more. And, btw, shunning Dom is a vocation, never a chore! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee