Trip to Antwerp

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Trip to Antwerp

Postby toast21 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

So ok, my gf and I are off to Antwerp between the 29th of March and 1st of April... does anyone know of any good coffee shops to check out?

I remember a member "coffee" had a place there but dont know the address.

Cheers!

Toast
In the middle of darkness a voice spoke to me. "Smile and be happy" it said, "For things could be worse". So I smiled, and was happy, and things got worse.

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby patcof » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:15 pm

Caffenation is a good one in Antwerp. Info and location map are on this website:
http://www.caffenation.be/
http://caffenation.blogspot.com/
Rancilio Silvia, Demoka M203
patcof

Postby coffee » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:45 am

Caffenation's boss, Rob and his team are one of the only ones knowing that making espresso is more than pushing a button on a machine. We sit down sometimes and are really trying to upgrade Antwerp as one of the best places to drink espresso in Belgium. Sham but I will be on a quest for knowledge when you are in Antwerp, my place will be shut at that time. Sure go there and tell us what you think afterwoods.
Rancilio S26, two grinders, love latte art
www.latteart.be
coffee

Postby toast21 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:03 pm

hey coffee.. yep that's a shame, but oh well, its all good. I'll have a coffee at caffenation and let you all know how it goes :)
In the middle of darkness a voice spoke to me. "Smile and be happy" it said, "For things could be worse". So I smiled, and was happy, and things got worse.

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby phil2spill » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:11 pm

If the coffee should prove disappointing, there's always the excellent beer ! :drink:

Have a great time !
Ground suitable for all coffee makers
phil2spill

Postby toast21 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:14 pm

yeah actually when we were in brussels last, one of the best beers we had was just the restaurant's own. That said, i dont really drink beer... :(

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby toast21 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:12 pm

tick tock tick tock... we leave tomorrow afternoon!! yay :)

Eurostar to brussels, then train it up to antwerp! woohoo!!

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby Raf » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:28 pm

Second caffènation: I've been at Rob's place a few times (including back when he had just opened). Great place. No cookies, though ;)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby toast21 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi Guys... just got back to london... ummm i must have been there on an off day which is a shame :(

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby toast21 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:55 pm

on another note... went to an argentinian steakhouse on thursday night, Le Zoute Zoen for dinner on friday night and Docks Cafe on saturday night. Fantastic time! :)

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby Raf » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:17 am

Docks Café? My, aren't we the high rollers. I was in Paris myself, rolling high as well (Atelier de Joel Robuchon and Gaya Rive Gauche par Gagnaire: both terribly, vastly, scandalously overpriced - especially Gaya, where we ate an atrocious "Mousseline de Veau Insolite").
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby toast21 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:33 am

lol raf, good on ya. Well i figure, different country, may as well live a little! :)

Just wondering, how many times have you been to caffenation? has it been consistent?

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby Raf » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:38 am

A few times now - it's very consistent, yes, and Rob is always trying to get better and investing in new equipment.

Raf
Founder Member

Return to Places to drink coffee