Hello from Fifteen Cornwall (UK)

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Tristan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:20 pm

Thanks again guys,

We offer only espresso & espresso based drinks and yes we are trained in the technique, but i'm looking to get a bit more in depth now!

Yeh all the other Fifteen's do use Illy but we went with Origin who are a local company although their roasting (Masteroast) occurs elsewhere.

We are using an Astoria 3/SAE machine and a Malkhonig on demand grinder (which I love!).
Last edited by Tristan on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tristan

Postby bruceb » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:45 pm

Good machine, great grinder! Thanks for the info.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby toast21 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:00 pm

lol tristan, so what you're saying is that currently the cornwall restaurant is the only one that i should get coffee from? :wink: heh heh
In the middle of darkness a voice spoke to me. "Smile and be happy" it said, "For things could be worse". So I smiled, and was happy, and things got worse.

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby Tristan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:25 pm

Most of the machines that i've used in the past have been Faema's which I really haven't got on with that well, they seem a bit too automated for my liking. The Astoria seems to work a lot more how I want it to rather than on its own terms...
The Wild Drink Blog
www.tristanstephenson.com
Expobar Brewtus II, Vario
Tristan

Postby Joris » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi Tristan and welcome :)
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby micmacmoc » Thu May 08, 2008 1:41 pm

Hello Tristan,
I'm in Mevagissey, an 'origin' user too, its great stuff. Apparently all the michelin starred chefs in Cornwall are now using Origin....the triple certified is a mile ahead of any coffee available from the other suppliers hereabouts (though I find Mokarabia very good). Did you get involved with the eden coffee tasting? One of their staff came in about two years ago with some beans, I have no roaster so we could'nt help. What did it end up like?
coffeeshop in mevagissey 'cofro' which is cornish for 'memento'
San Remo machine, gorgeous!
Origin coffee, excellent!
Mazza Grinder, perfect.
Roskilly's organic milk, brilliant!
micmacmoc

Postby Beanie » Thu May 08, 2008 1:47 pm

micmac.. check out Tristan's blog on the Eden coffee and then look up the right-hand side under 'similar posts' for the follow-up stories ;)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Slimboyfat » Thu May 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi Tristan
My mum is filming a Sainsburys ad with your man this week - making fishcakes
I had a great meal at 15 London last year (didn't have a coffee though) - good atmosphere and great food
Presumably the other 15s could follow your lead and find local roasters to supply them if they wanted?
Me feels a campaign coming on
Regards
Slimboy...

...never knowingly underfed

expobar pulser, quickmill 031, Reg Barber Radical Pro US curve, Koenigbot, aerobie, armour plated welded 1910 hybrid german whirley, several french presses, antique nepolitana, an old stovetop, Zassenhaus that smells of pepper and a hoover attachment colander/cooler thing
Slimboyfat

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee