Best Coffee in Chiswick

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Best Coffee in Chiswick

Postby nickr » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:43 pm

You may not be impressed by this claim to fame, but be aware there are 10 or 12 coffee shops on the Hight st alone, plus at least 3 coffee bars in Chiswick park where I work. The kiost by the roadabout as you enter Chiswick park is stunning - that is to say in comparisson to all the others mentioned above. They have a Marzoco, a super Jolly and fresh' ish Illy beans, but the best thing is that the girl who served me knew what she was doing. Individual grind and milk frothing, slow but very well worth the wait. Definately no.1 in Chiswick and perhaps No.2 in the whole of London.
Just call me Eeyore
nickr

Postby GeorgeW » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:24 am

Chiswick..ah..when I lived there forty-six years ago how I enjoyed the pubs alongside the river. Happy days..
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby scook94 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:34 pm

GeorgeW wrote:Chiswick..ah..when I lived there forty-six years ago how I enjoyed the pubs alongside the river. Happy days..

Is this where the "rum and coke" stories originate then George? :wink:
Izzo Vivi | Mazzer SJ Doserless | Gene Cafe
scook94

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:18 pm

GeorgeW wrote:Chiswick..ah..when I lived there forty-six years ago how I enjoyed the pubs alongside the river. Happy days..

You lived outside Scotland? ........... Nooooooooooooooooooooooo :shock: . You have destroyed my perception of you having been a fixture of Auchtermuchty for ever. The wise old sage that has always been locally :D

Whatever, next? ...... We'll be hearing something ridiculous like Breako is travelling half way around the world :roll: :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:29 pm

Be careful Muffin...or he'll tell you he once lived in France! :shock:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:28 pm

Zut alors! :shock: . Monsieur concerné d'auchtermuchty habité en France? Non, non ..... dites-moi que ce n'est pas vrai :( . Monsieur George est l'Ecosse :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby GeorgeW » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:42 pm

It's true. I am a bit of a man of the world and I did not accrue my present polished and suave personality, from mouldering away in this rather rustic setting.
I have indeed indulged myself in the fleshpots of Southern England for long stretches of time, but became sickened of the soft southern ways and fled before any serious damage was done. I see my time there as missionary work, and I've no doubt the good I achieved there will steer me well clear of the Big Burning Fire when I eventually pop my cork. 8)
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby GeorgeW » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:45 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Zut alors! :shock: . Monsieur concerné d'auchtermuchty habité en France? Non, non ..... dites-moi que ce n'est pas vrai :( . Monsieur George est l'Ecosse :P

It is indeed true. More evidence, if evidence were needed, that I am a true citizen of the world and should be cherished as such.
8)
Last edited by GeorgeW on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:12 pm

GeorgeW wrote:I have indeed indulged myself in the fleshpots of Southern England for long stretches of time

Well that's all right then :P. I respect a man who is prepared to travel distance to find his favoured fatness of buttock ......... :wink: :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Return to Places to drink coffee