Galestro in Köln

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Galestro in Köln

Postby Andretti » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:02 pm

While I was in Köln on Thursday, looking over the Bahnhof for a photoshoot we are doing there later, we walked out of the station and right into Galestro,

It's a little coffeebar with a 2 group Electra and a dedicated barista who poured us nice hearts and rosetta's.

An unexpected and lovely surprise!
Now: Fiorenzato Bricoletta plumbed in with rotary, Mazzer Mini M, Cappuccinolover: Barbera Classica with goat milk! Before: Fiorenzato Bricoletta tank,La Pavoni Espresso Lusso, Gaggia MDF
Andretti

Postby lukas » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:26 pm

Ah, that was possibly Cosimo di Palma. He was part of the german team on the Team Challeng in Dublin in October, a very nice guy. He also does Latte Art seminars and regularly competes at the barista and latte art championships :)

Never been to Galestro (yet), unfortunatly. Hope you had fun!
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby Andretti » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:31 pm

lukas wrote:Ah, that was possibly Cosimo di Palma. He was part of the german team on the Team Challeng in Dublin in October, a very nice guy. He also does Latte Art seminars and regularly competes at the barista and latte art championships :)

Never been to Galestro (yet), unfortunatly. Hope you had fun!

If you don't know the city and you are not counting on anything.. and in the first place you see they pour you a rosetta... Yes I had fun!

I talked to the barista. Nice guy! Wanted to be in the German team, but he told me he has to wait because you have to be 2 years in Germany to join and he came over 7 months ago from Italy...
Now: Fiorenzato Bricoletta plumbed in with rotary, Mazzer Mini M, Cappuccinolover: Barbera Classica with goat milk! Before: Fiorenzato Bricoletta tank,La Pavoni Espresso Lusso, Gaggia MDF
Andretti

Postby lukas » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:37 pm

Oh, then it wasn't Cosimo. But well trained by him I s'pose!
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Return to Places to drink coffee